Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for small tungsten ice jigs with at least a #10 or a #8 hook. We get into some large gills every ice season. The small #12 & #14 hooks don't cut it. Too small.

Well? Fiscious? You make any tiny jigs with a decent hook?:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
I'm looking for small tungsten ice jigs with at least a #10 or a #8 hook. We get into some large gills every ice season. The small #12 & #14 hooks don't cut it. Too small.

Well? Fiscious? You make any tiny jigs with a decent hook?:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
All of our Pro Series Tungsten Jigs are one size longer and one size up in hook gap compared to everyone else out there.These are also hand painted for us right here in Michigan.

Hook sizes.
3mm-Size 14
4mm-Size 12
5mm-Size 10
6mm-Size 8 (new this year and coming soon)
https://www.sportsmensdirect.com/store/index.php?cPath=23_73_68_64_326_404

Now our Smoothie Series has way more hook gap then those even.

Hook Size
4mm-Size 12
5mm-Size 10
6mm-Size 8
8mm-Size 6

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You run the sport shop there by Lake St. Clair??? Cool...
Send me some prices raisin. Do you carry the Woods-N-Water News there?? PM me if ya need to.

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
You run the sport shop there by Lake St. Clair??? Cool...
Send me some prices raisin. Do you carry the Woods-N-Water News there?? PM me if ya need to.
Here is a link that will take you to our site so you can see all of the "Original Heavy Metal Tungsten Ice Jig"

https://www.sportsmensdirect.com/store/index.php?cPath=23_73_68_64&osCsid=iotuble0q1jggma8rdjs14c940

This is a pic of just ho bright our glows are in the Pro Series, KUU, and Smoothies.Sometimes I think there is micro light bulbs in side these things:lol:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
i got a coupe of those ones that raisin showed there good. but these one's are my favorite thus far. it should be a link to the limited edition epoxy crystal jigs 5 mm. at sportsmensdirect.com any ways best of luck..

https://www.sportsmensdirect.com/st..._64_326_403&osCsid=kbtrdo10qjtjhp0cq4raq752j6

sport mens direct epoxy tungsten jigs have a better paint process. then the "skandia" line of tungsten jig from stopper lures. i think they use cheaper paint at stopper lures!

not that stopper lures sells junk they got some awesome products. i just think the paint on those sdi epoxy tungsten jigs is just so awesome.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
All of our Pro Series Tungsten Jigs are one size longer and one size up in hook gap compared to everyone else out there.These are also hand painted for us right here in Michigan.

Hook sizes.
3mm-Size 14
4mm-Size 12
5mm-Size 10
6mm-Size 8 (new this year and coming soon)
https://www.sportsmensdirect.com/store/index.php?cPath=23_73_68_64_326_404

Now our Smoothie Series has way more hook gap then those even.

Hook Size
4mm-Size 12
5mm-Size 10
6mm-Size 8
8mm-Size 6[/quote

I saw the 6mm jigs. Putting an order together. Hope they are what I've been looking for.

Our method of a SLOW drop to entice big gills to think something is merely falling in the water column works well with the heavier tungsten jigs. We can go slow and the line stays tight. My buddy and I iced around 600 gills last season doing this. We have pictures! The problem with all tungsten is the hooks have been just TOO small for our madness. I want a good hook set on 9-11 inch gills. TASTY EATS!!!:corkysm55:corkysm55

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
I bought a few last year here locally and the dam eye is so small I cannot get 2 lb test line threw it. I bought the largest size hook that they had.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Hey Paul, hope all is well and your continueing your recovery ok. I heard from my contacts just north of you there its getting colder and there was some flurries in the air up there the past day or two. Them little white things in the air must of got your thinking of getting ready for hardwater fishing! :D

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I bought a few last year here locally and the dam eye is so small I cannot get 2 lb test line threw it. I bought the largest size hook that they had.

the ones i bought the eye were cleaned out already. i think a number three or 4 jig i could fit the two pound test threw no problem. which was not the biggest. don't remember what size cause i got them a year or two ago... great tungsten jigs sdi has. absolutely love the epoxy painted ones...

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
I use 3lb Fluorocarbon on about 75% of my setups now and I have no problem getting line through our jigs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts