Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been saving brass for a long time.Thinking about tumbling it and selling off what I don't reload.I have a ton of 30-06,.308,and many others.What should I be charging?

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
You might go on 24hourcampfire and check the classifieds, I’m sure I have seen some for sale there recently.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I have been saving brass for a long time.Thinking about tumbling it and selling off what I don't reload.I have a ton of 30-06,.308,and many others.What should I be charging?
I have a friend that sells brass and reloading equipment at gun shows. I don't know what you should charge, but be aware that cases that haven't been deprimed sell much better that those that have. This is an enduring mystery.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Cash value is hard to say in this overbought ammo and component market. It depends on the quality of the brass and whether it is matching or a bunch of random headstamps mixed together.

Mil-spec 308, 30-06 and 5.56 brass has crimped primers. Some 9mm brass as well. Most reloaders can't deal with that and for those who can, more processing is required.

There are also a lot of brass, Berdan-primed cases out there that need to be culled as they are not reloadable.

Depending on what you're into, you might find the brass a better trade item. Find someone that will trade for loaded ammo and figure out a trade ratio. I would avoid trading for reloaded ammo like the plague, regardless of who reloaded it though.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a bunch,still havn't tumbled any though. :LOL:

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tumbling is not an issue. How many, approximately, do you have and how much do you want for them?
How many you looking for?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am on sites that sell. Typically we sell a full small or med flat rate box. That could be say 150 xxx brass or whatever fills it, for xxx ($25) plus the shipping rate. Or say $40 for a full box shipped, etc. I have been on deals where guys had so much, they said you pay shipping and there yours. Hard to find in todays times tho. Lol

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far I have come up with 150 rounds and I know I have more.When I get a final tally I will let you know.
They are actually for a friend, I think at least 100, maybe more (if you have them) depending on cost.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So far I have come up with 150 rounds and I know I have more.When I get a final tally I will let you know.
190 rounds now.Every day the number will increase as I find more that has been stashed away.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
I'm not in the market at all but out of curiosity I went on-line and one commercial site is offering "washed and polished" .308 cases for $26.00 per 100. Another site has 30-06 - wet tumbled and polished - $47.00 per 100. These two sites and others offer brass that has been"washed" or "wet tumbled" which does a much better job that dry tumbling.

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
624 Posts
If the brass is deprimed and wet tumbled with SST pins, it will look like new. Would be interesting to know if 'dirty' or wet tumbled has a price difference. I would think you'd command a higher price if tumbled with SST pins.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts