Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
10,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a new ATV Disc for tilling my food plots. I saw a a couple different models by Tufline at the Woods-N-Water News Weekend last Sept. and was impressed. Anybody out there have any experiences with them?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Our camp picked up the Monroe Tufline last year. I have no complaints. It is a great addition to our tool box.;)

10,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a Monroe Tufline disc. Here's my review of it: First it is very heavy duty. It weighs about 400 pounds and was delivered to me straped to a pallet. I couldn't even budge it by hand and had to winch it off the truck with my ATV. They loaded it on the truck with a fork lift. I had to assemble the toung, which took about 15 minutes and then I tested it out. I tilled up a small plot in no time flat. The soil was loose, sandy loum though. I'll be taking it to the U.P. during late July to work up my clover plots that are now in their 5th year. I will be planting Marshall Rye Grass. It will be interesting to see how the disc performs on my U.P. clay that is as hard and compacted. The unit is too wide to be rolled into my F-150. It's about 2" too wide and a design flaw for sure not to fit into a standard pickup bed. I'll have to remove the discs for transportation, which is a pain because they are very heavy. If the unit allowed for folding the discs in one more notch, then it would be much more convenient for the average guy with a truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts