Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started at 4:30 with a nice smallie,then we hit the walleye, no stinger hook needed tonight, they were really hammering it tonight. White jig head, rainbow trout fin-s(thanks Castmaster). Really a great lure. Fished Canadian side near fighting island. 2 man limit by 5:45 C&R till 7:00. Great night to be on the water.:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
'Eye'll catch another, nice to see that you are stil getting them down their. I was thinking of hitting that spot also today around the same time, but I did not feel like driving all the way down their. But my buddy and I tried shane park for 2 drifts and we did not even get a bite. So I switched it up and we went to a good spot on the canadian side that has never failed. Soon as we got on them we ended up with some dandies out their. We got our limit in just over an hour in that spot plus some huge sheep head. We also did a couple more drifts with some C&R. We used crome and Chart jig heads and different color zoom Flukes. They were killing the today with some of the fish swallowing the whole thing.
All in all a great night to be out their. We were off the water by 6 to which was nice.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/zfubar20/Fish/DR5-08-07001.jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great job guys, I received my first skunk of the year. Haven't been out for almost 2 weeks and decided to hit the Trenton channel for the first time this year. Didn't even see a net hit the water! Buddys quick limit there in the morning made my decision to give a try there, won't do that again, my feelings were hurt. It sure is funny how spoiled we are on that upper river!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Zfubar20 what type of boat were you in last night. I was fishing the canadian side last night. We Fished from Peche Island down past the Whiskey plant with pretty good success at all the stops along the way. We were in a Grey/silver Ranger. Didn't really matter what we used the fish were hitting anything we dropped down.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
We saw all the boats by the salt mines last night, but without Canadian licenses stayed in US waters. Drifted Fighting Island right down the border. First drift had a few swings and misses. Second drift Springer4ever connected. Lost a couple more, but the bite pretty much shut off, so we started handlining. Not much going until we moved into the spot off Mud that I've done well past few times out. Was pretty consistent from there on out, ended the night with 12 fish and at least a half dozen premature C&R.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ted stehney said:
Zfubar20 what type of boat were you in last night. I was fishing the canadian side last night. We Fished from Peche Island down past the Whiskey plant with pretty good success at all the stops along the way. We were in a Grey/silver Ranger. Didn't really matter what we used the fish were hitting anything we dropped down.
I was in the brown and tan Sea Nymph. There were 2 of us with me being the bald guy in the front controlling the motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts