Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the TT Upland G3 Exp with the e-collar and beeper. I did not use the beeper last season, but would like to try it on point only mode this year to see how I like it. The problem I am having is that I can get the beeper to turn on & off if I manually push the on/off button but can't it to turn on or off using the transmitter. I have tried with the e-collar turner on, turned off, turning the beeper on, off and all variations. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong????
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I have the TT Upland G3 Exp with the e-collar and beeper. I did not use the beeper last season, but would like to try it on point only mode this year to see how I like it. The problem I am having is that I can get the beeper to turn on & off if I manually push the on/off button but can't it to turn on or off using the transmitter. I have tried with the e-collar turner on, turned off, turning the beeper on, off and all variations. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong????
Thanks.
The beeper collar has to be on.
The transmitter has to be on A (which stands for accessory).
You should be able to activate and deactivate your beeper this way.

Did you figure out how to change the beeper to point only mode? Take off the back panel and there are little toggle switches that need to be moved around.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

Did you figure out how to change the beeper to point only mode? Take off the back panel and there are little toggle switches that need to be moved around.

Hope this helps.

Are we talking about the TT upland Sport G3 or G2?

I have the TT Upland sport G3 ....you have to make sure the receiver part is turned on first. Then turn on the beeper. First thing make sure that the batteries are good the ones that came with my unit were dead from the begining. Then make sure that the unit is not in the 'N' position and thet the correct color is slected.
Now the BP button should turn the beeper on/off

link to the manual

http://www.tritronics.com/manuals/manual-sportfieldpro.pdf

Jay

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
That is the collar set up i plan to buy. How do you all like it?
Collar was fine- hated the beeper to tedious to vary settings and functions.

The beeper hated the wet and snow.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts

Just my opinion. But I think you'd be better off buying a Dogtra 280NCP Platinum and a Lovett's add on beeper. The two combined will cost you less and you'll get a more versatile e-collar.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

Hope this helps.
Sounds more complex than my Dogtra. All the described beeper functions are activated with a single button on the transmitter (1X = regular beep mode, 2X = point-only, 3X = off).

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Sounds more complex than my Dogtra. All the described beeper functions are activated with a single button on the transmitter (1X = regular beep mode, 2X = point-only, 3X = off).
Agreed. I love the dogtra beeper function. I do like the TT's transmitter though. It's easy to use with one hand but, the beeper isn't nearly as easy to use. I love the locate feature on the dogtra.

I use both and use them at different times. I use the dogtra when pheasant hunting with the point only mode. I use the TT while grouse hunting with run and point. I like the run and point in the grouse woods because I hunt in the U.P in wolf country so, it just gives me some piece of mind. I like the 1 handed use of the TT as well so, if there is an issue with a porky I can get on the dog quicker.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are we talking about the TT upland Sport G3 or G2?

I have the TT Upland sport G3 ....you have to make sure the receiver part is turned on first. Then turn on the beeper. First thing make sure that the batteries are good the ones that came with my unit were dead from the begining. Then make sure that the unit is not in the 'N' position and thet the correct color is slected.
Now the BP button should turn the beeper on/off

link to the manual

http://www.tritronics.com/manuals/manual-sportfieldpro.pdf

Jay
I have the TT Upland Sport G3. I tried turning the receiver on first, then the beeper. I also mafe sure the unit was not in the "N" position and the color was selected. No luck. I will check the batteries, although the beeper sounds fine and the transmitter seems to work fine with the receiver, as I tested this before trying anything else.

I did figure oout how to set it for point only mode, as that is how I intend to use it.

Overall, I like the e-collar although it is my first multi dog unit. I have an older DT that I am extremely happy with, but it does not have a beeper.

I don't care for the TT beeper with the upland collar. I think it is REALLY loud. But this year I thought I would try it with tape over the "speaker" on point mode. Not sure how well the beeper works in snow & wet.

I am getting ready to buy the 3rd receiver for the TT. I was going to get a beeper too, but maybe I will look at a different beeper.

Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the TT Upland Sport G3. I tried turning the receiver on first, then the beeper. I also mafe sure the unit was not in the "N" position and the color was selected. No luck. I will check the batteries, although the beeper sounds fine and the transmitter seems to work fine with the receiver, as I tested this before trying anything else.

I did figure oout how to set it for point only mode, as that is how I intend to use it.

Overall, I like the e-collar although it is my first multi dog unit. I have an older DT that I am extremely happy with, but it does not have a beeper.

I don't care for the TT beeper with the upland collar. I think it is REALLY loud. But this year I thought I would try it with tape over the "speaker" on point mode. Not sure how well the beeper works in snow & wet.

I am getting ready to buy the 3rd receiver for the TT. I was going to get a beeper too, but maybe I will look at a different beeper.

Thanks for all the input.
You might want to try putting a cotton ball in over the speaker. It cuts the loudness about in half. Plus the cotton stays in place, at least it does on mine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone use the Lovetts add on beeper with the TT e-collar and like the set up? I think the remote on/off capability would be nice, IF I could figure it ou!:dizzy: I have heard positive comments on the Lovetts beeper. Do I have to through Collar Clinic for a Lovetts? (I checked Cabela's & it appears they don't carry it).

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Well i only assume, but guess a lot buy the TT set up or others like it since its a combo and expected to work good since its packaged all together as a combined unit.

I use a innotek collar right now with a Sportdog add on beeper. The beeper works great in all regards but is not remote controle on/off. My only complaint with the sportdog beeper is the twist cap for on/off is a bugger to turn (real tight).

I like the TT upland combo but sure am open to other options with the same funtions.

Im not sure the of the issue regarding turning the beeper on/off (on a proper functioning unit) is a big ordeal as i expect to only turn it on/off a time a few times per use.

What are you all paying for the upland combo? two collar set up?

Oh yea and...........for the original post, did you ever get it working good with fresh batteries?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
one more thing the peeper has to be 180 deg from the receiver......:dizzy: ie receiver on throat and beeper on the nape.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

I like mine, but agree changing the settings really sucks.

Never had trouble in wet/snow, or swimming, but the tone is really wierd if you leave it in a cold truck overnight.:16suspect

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are you all paying for the upland combo? two collar set up?

Oh yea and...........for the original post, did you ever get it working good with fresh batteries?
I paid @ $350 for the Upland G3 collar & beeper last year. I added a second collar w/out beeper for @ $120. To add a collar w/beeper is @ $230. (Don't tell my wife what we get wrapped up in this stuff! ;)) I think when I told her I was going to get two new collars, she thought I meant the coated bright colored collars you can pick up for $5-$10. ;)

As for the outcome on my original post, I tried new batteries in the transmitter and beeper unit with no luck. I ended up calling TT and they spent some time with me over the phone. THey finally decided there was something wrong with the unit and are having me send them the receiver, beeeper and transmitter for repair. :sad: I went with TT based on their reputation. My old DT lasted way longer before it needed repaired (which turned out to be a need for new batteries).

Thanks for all the tips.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Does anyone use the Lovetts add on beeper with the TT e-collar and like the set up? I think the remote on/off capability would be nice, IF I could figure it ou!:dizzy: I have heard positive comments on the Lovetts beeper. Do I have to through Collar Clinic for a Lovetts? (I checked Cabela's & it appears they don't carry it).

Thanks!
If you go looking for a Lovett's, you can also try www.gundogsupply.com, they sell them as well and have a bigger selection than CollarClinic. I think you can also order directly from Lovett's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought that TT upland 3 couple years ago for like 800.00
I really did not like it. Unless I cinched the collar extreme, it would spin on my dog's necks. I was running for a some clients and they brought a young griffon along with the same collar. His was upside down also!

I ebayed it for a loss and have switched to two sets of dogtra 2502 T&B. They are simple to operate and I personally really have to have remote control of the beeper.

I like to run the beeper on point only and utilize the locate beeper when the dogs are out of site.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought that TT upland 3 couple years ago for like 800.00
I really did not like it. Unless I cinched the collar extreme, it would spin on my dog's necks. I was running for a some clients and they brought a young griffon along with the same collar. His was upside down also!

I ebayed it for a loss and have switched to two sets of dogtra 2502 T&B. They are simple to operate and I personally really have to have remote control of the beeper.

I like to run the beeper on point only and utilize the locate beeper when the dogs are out of site.
Glad to hear that mine is not the only one that spins around on my dogs. Although this only happens when the beeper is on. Is unloading thsi thing the only way to correct this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you mean the collar spinning, I think the beeper is heavier than the receiving unit.
I know there has to be some die hard TT guys out there, but TT didn't think this one through at all.

I was just looking for a way to run 3 dogs with one transmitter with remote beepers.

Not to many options out there.
So I've gotten used to two transmitters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts