Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Family Farm & Home has bin seed available to everyone. I've went this route the last 2 years because it's less expensive and I can create the blend of my choice. I think these big companies just through together a hodge-podge of seeds knowing that something will take, and the buyer will be happy seeing green in their plot. A lot of the time their mixes don't make a lot of sense with oats/rye blended with brassicas.

With that said, Fusion is a good mix, and that's a great price. I may have to grab a bag at that price for frost seeding a couple spots in need this spring if my local TSC has any.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Registered
Also do you guys find that stuff germinates after it has been sitting on the shelf for a year? I've had mixed results using seed even just a year later. Longer than that and I might as well pitch it.
I personally have not. The rule of thumb I've always used is 10% germ loss each year. I tend to overseed, so a bag of older seed would be a blessing in disguise for me!! 馃ぃ

Registered
Because it is over priced. Just go to the elevator and buy what you need
That's the point of the post. $16 for 3.5lbs of chicory/clover seed is less expensive than what I can get 3.5lbs of the ladino white clover seed at my local FF&H. Regular price at $32, yeah overpriced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts