Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you recommend for a trustworthy outboard mechanic on the east side? I have a 6 HP Johnson I need to have checked out and probably a tune up.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
If you are any where close to Saginaw, I would take it to Bay Outboard. They specialize in Johnson/evinrudes.

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bay outboard is the best in our area, but one of the owners is a gruch (SP?). The are not cheap, but they are the only ones in our area (Saginaw) that have the parts you will need for new and old motors

·
Registered
11,636 Posts
Jack Fobear is the owner at Bay outboard. pretty good guy really, but i can see someone thinking that. He's just been doing it soooo long. They do excellent work tho.

Mel turner at the Rust street marina is another good guy/mechanic.

and Mike Howell at Townline Enterprise (st. charles) is really good.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
North bay Marine, chesterfield Twp, anchor bay area

Rose Marine...near the colony tower. both top notch..............

·
Registered
355 Posts
North bay Marine, chesterfield Twp, anchor bay area

Rose Marine...near the colony tower. both top notch..............
I'll second Rose Marine, Bill repaired my 4 hp evinrude last year after I was rear ended. Quick turnaround even with Thanksgiving in the mix at a very fair price. He fixed it up better than it was before the accident. Quality work.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ill second north bay they do great work ive never used rose but hear good things!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
North Bay just tuned up a a family owned center console with a 150 Yamaha on it, all good work.

They also operate a full engine build shop, they are almost done rebuilding one of 427's from the family's 35 Bertram. We have been pleased all around and good customers this late summer/fall:D......Andy

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I've got one up here if you get up my area at Sugar Springs Marine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts