Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Deffinately was a venture rolling from linwood to the mouth..then over to sunset..other times from thomas rd out to bouy 1..talk about pucker upp!!..heat full blast and windows down!.I have never seen a bigger convoy besides on 75!.cant wait.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I only took my truck out once last year, probably will be the last time for me. Waaay to much pucker factor for me even with 30" of ice.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Last yeAr was great only had one big crack and that was off the west side even if we get 30 inches this year with all this wind during freeze up i am thinkin there will be more cracks But hope i am wrong it was nice blazin 8 miles outta thomas with out a care in the world

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
I hate to be a party pooper, but I honesty hope it never gets that cold for that long again. That's what gave us the $h1T summer we had because of the colder than normal water temps all year.

3 months fishing on ice, 7 months fishing on the boat and 2 months fishing from the shore and I am happy.
To me the funnest walleye fishing is threw the ice! trolling is boring, casting is fun but don't compare to pulling a slab walleye or steelhead threw the ice! That being said I'm fine with 12" of ice. The truck army last year was unreal. I like it a little less hectic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts