Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called a friend of mine the other nite to see if he wanted to go fishing in the morning and he said he had to decline cause his new wife wanted him to stay around the house more often. "Bob" Just gor married for the first time and he's having a slight problem adjusting to his new life stile. When I told my wife, whom I've been married for 29 LONG years, gave my this little funny to share.

Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resourses, in addition. Wife 1-0 installed itself into all other program and now monitors all other system activities. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3. Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6. I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications...I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0.

Please help..Thanks! Troubled User.

REPLY:
Dear Troubled User:
This is a very common problem that men complain about. Many men upgrade thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!!!! It is also Impossible to Delete Wife 1.0 and return to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. If you look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings, you will need to read the area listed under Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes, Dear" to allevite any software augmentation. The best cource of actions is to enter the command line C:APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLGIZE command before the system will return to normal. Wife 1.0 is a great program BUT it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs such as Clean and Sweep 3.0. Cook It 1.2 and Pay the Bills 4.2. If you want to run any of these enhanced programs be very careful how you use them. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5 and once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to install additional software, such as Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0!

WARNING!! DO NOT, under any circumstance, install Secretary With Short Skrit 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system and could lead to a complete system failure.

Best of Luck..Tech Support

How many of us know someone stuck in this kind of situation?
Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

Martin

·
Administrator
26,881 Posts
Right now I got WIFE 34.0.(years) Much more sedate. Pretty much stays away from all other programs. I do occasionally have to do a little service work but other than that real easy to keep inline. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Yep :) I've found Wife 13.0 is much easier to handle than Wife 1.0 :lol: There were a few issues at 5.0,10.0 and a little malfunction around 11.5,but now everything seems to be running smoothly.
Remeber to install upgrades periodically with Gift 2.5 and that will keep your OS much happier.
These upgrades are particularlly important during the months of Spetember through November with regular maintanence throughout the year :lol:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I am currently running Fiance 1.1 in hopes the transition to Wife 1.0 will run smoothly once installed. I will refer back to this thread for troubleshooting, as my Fiance 1.1 program came without a manual.

:lol: too funny

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
I'm on at least Girlfriend 52.0 at the moment.... but the current program seems to be the best one yet... maybe she will end up transforming into Wife 2.0??? Wife 1.0 seemed to have an issue with the Affair 6.9 program... often... so needless to say that program was deleted from my OS.

Oh, as I understand it, Wife 1.0 has upgraded (downgraded?) several times... last I heard she was in the process of deleting Husband 5.0. I'd bet her Lawyer 0.0 program is running well.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Operating at 45.5....occasional pop-ups allowed...downtime minimal....system antiquated but very functional....outside interferance not tolerated...not welcome.....surge protection in place....batteries running low....gotta go...gotta go.......

MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am 9 yrs widowed and it seems (os) seems to be running smooth.I do really miss her alot. Haven't missed any hunt,fish,camp in several yrs. If I find another one it would probably be in the woods or on a stream somewhere in Gods country.

·
Premium Member
6,245 Posts
Wife 1.0 booted me out. Ever since I've stuck with a laptop. ;) Have no intention of re-installing wife program anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Wife 1.0 is operating fine and even runs well with the hunting and fishing games that are installed on the OS. Wife 1.0 has tried on occasion to run a firewall to block any downloads to upgrade the hunting and fishing games. Providing Wife 1.0 with a new mouse or keyboard usually allows the upgrades of hunting and fishing games to be downloaded and new hunting and fishing games to be purchased.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Made my day.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think if Girlfriend 7.0 had information on frequency of sportsman activities prior to being upgraded to Wife1.0, there should be no problem. Wife 1.0 needs to realize and be reminded of this prior knowledge already installed and that everything stays the same except for writing on a piece of paper. This is coming from sfw1960's Wife 5.0 program that is tired of other versions of Wife programs making it tough on the guys that just love the outdoors.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ladygill said:
I think if Girlfriend 7.0 had information on frequency of sportsman activities prior to being upgraded to Wife1.0, there should be no problem. Wife 1.0 needs to realize and be reminded of this prior knowledge already installed and that everything stays the same except for writing on a piece of paper. This is coming from sfw1960's Wife 5.0 program that is tired of other versions of Wife programs making it tough on the guys that just love the outdoors.
Thanks for that reply,this world needs more like you!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I am running Wife17.0 and my OS runs smooth until 9/15... then the hardrive begans to make noise, I get lots of error messages and the screen freezes up alot...I new the system had bugs when I bought it, so I just ignore all the error messages and throw it in standby for a few months....;) :lol:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
i am running wife 21.0 and notice that every month the updates need to be installed. this is a difficult chore because the critical time comes without warning.thank goodness that childware 2.0 has been installed and take blame for not installing updates.also i have a program called familymass 6.2 that keeps wife 21.0 busy , allowing husband 1.0 to operate as intended without undue interference. there is a new program called wifeswap 2.6 that needs to be investigated. it may over ride wife 21.0 when called upon but is probably un-needed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts