Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a follow up fish of the stream I caught the 24" brown out of a couple weeks ago took place today. I fished a section lower to explore some new water. Again, bright sunny conditions were what I was dealing with. As I tied on the same spinner that took the hog before. After a little bit I caught a couple 12 inchers. The water was slower and deeper than the next section.

I came to a fall down mess and was looking upstream as I flipped to a slow pool to my left, retrieving my spinner looking at the jam to where my next cast would by I looked back to my spinner in time to see a big brown swoop out with lightening speed and pin the Panther Martin to the bottom. After a tense fight and drag screaming couple of runs I beached the big female brown.
[/IMG]

A quick measurement of her read 22.5 inches.

A couple casts beyond the jam I was hammered again by a brown which I estimate around 20 inches. In my excitment to get back fishing I didn't check my line after the fight with the last fish and this fish broke me off and took my beloved lure.

Working my way up I brought a few smaller 12-14 inch browns to hand. I then got to a narrow neckdown, where the stream bent left around another log jam. The first cast showed a decent fish that didn't take, the next a 10 incher. I thought that would be it, but gave another flip and the line stopped and the rod throbbed. I was in no position to fight a large fish. I stepped over a log and steered the fish away from the logs to my right. The fish then ran downstream under the log I just stepped over, I guided him back when he hung on a stick. I reached down and ripped the stick off the bottom as I fought him with the stick still attached to my 6 lb trilene. I was finally able to cradle him and snap a quick pic and get a quick measurement. He went 22 inches.
[/IMG]

All in all a pretty good day considering to crappy conditions for trouting. I think I found a little gem of a stream...:)

Alex

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
Freakin sweet. Great story & pics!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Dude, you're killing it this year! I have YET to break the 20 inch mark. I'm going to park in front of your house and stalk you until I find your spots lol

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Great story!! And good job on the fish!! I need a day like that!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1/8 OZ dressed hook yellow w red dots. the second came on a yellow roostertail 1/8 oz
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Awesome fish TK. I think you need to reverse your ideas of what is and is not good trouting conditions from the sounds of it. :evil:

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im wondering how it will be on a cloudy day after a shot of rain...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
You are killing it this year

Hully

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Optimax,

This isn't the stream that I think you are thinking it is. I do need to get over that way and hit that stream before it gets warm.

Thanks guys, I've been pretty lucky this year. Hopefully it will continue. :)

Best of luck to all trouting this summer!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts