Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Trolling question

1245 6
I have recently gotten into trolling with planer boards. I have a crap load of f11's and bombers from my whipping days, how do I troll with them on planer boards if possible? TIA
Trolling rookie
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Think few different ways, in line weights, off shore tadpoles and probably using a 3 way swivel. Would be a few of my suggestions.
Reactions: motoscoota
Snap weights would also work
Reactions: motoscoota
If you can find some good weed beds, you can troll them over the top without any extra weight.
I'll go ahead and write the lead core reply;)

Beware though, this can lead to buying more reels - 3, 5, 7 color, and a full core right off. Keeps your ebay skills up;)
Reactions: Fisher00
My ebay skills....lmao thanks for the much needed info
I typically adjust my boards to different depths. The deepest I go is 1/2 the distance of the bottom. i.e. 18 ft deep, my deepest is running 9ft and I go up from there. I use the trolling app to figure out lead distance and such. If you need to get deeper put on a 1/2 or 1 oz bead chain inline sinker. Set one side at several different depths and make the opposite side and if nothing after awhile change it up.
Good luck
Reactions: Sharkbait11
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.