Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out Friday (weather permitting)to LSC to do some trolling/drifting for some eyes. I have used bb's alot out in the SCR and the DR. Don't have too much experience in the lake. Should we try bottom bouncers or use in-line weights with the harness? I've seen guys using those snap weights before out there, but I've also seen guy's using bb's. Just looking for a little advice for Friday. I know to try and stay between 1.5 and 2.0 mph. I think we'll be able to do that, but it depends on how long my buddie's trolling motor lasts.

Thanks,

MDH

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
This time of year, it's hard to go too slow, 1 - 1.5 mph is just fine. Most of the fish are shallow so keep the baits fairly deep. Personally, I wouldn't mess with in lines or snap weights. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome guys! I hope we can get into a few. My buddy that I am going with has to have neck surgery in a few weeks and then he's out of commission for 2 months. NO FISHING! I feel bad for him. I got him into a few eyes out on the DR, so hopefully we can get a few Friday evening.

Are you just using the standard 36 inch crawler harnesses? How are the weeds?

Thanks!

MDH

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Gone Fishing said:
This time of year, it's hard to go too slow, 1 - 1.5 mph is just fine. Most of the fish are shallow so keep the baits fairly deep. Personally, I wouldn't mess with in lines or snap weights. Good luck! :)
Drifting and using your trolling motor?
I'm trying to figger this weather out. So far looks like Thursday is a go. Gas $3.45 today. Sure have to plan a lot better. Anyone else going Thursday around the 400 club? Toss up between there or Port Huron.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
A friend of mine just sent me a text message and said she got a limit of eyes fishing in the spillway right before the storms rollled in...

Go figure....

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
salmonslammer said:
A friend of mine just sent me a text message and said she got a limit of eyes fishing in the spillway right before the storms rollled in...

Go figure....
:yikes: i smell something :fish::16suspect maybe that kid sat. had a bucket of eyes

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'll be out Thursday eveneng near the 400 club as well. Wanted to get out tonight,but weather doesnt look like it wants to play nice. I'll be in the Blue/ Gray Smokercraft with 25 hp evinrude. Good luck. I picked up 3 on Sunday. No B/B's Just slipped a small egg sinker before the snap and it worked fine. I did pick up a handful of 3/4 oz B/B to try Thursday. In lines always seem to work well for me though.
--Dennis--

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
havent taken the boat out yet for the maiden voyage

but might be out also on thursday night

will have radio on on 68(triple crown)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I plan on going out Thursday, maybe Friday too.
I will be drifting somewhere in the area.
Hardware will depend on how much wind we have.;)
22 ft Crestliner , two tone gray.
Rich

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I would agree w Gone Fishing 1-1.5 is good. I tried both inline and BB and they both work. I like the 1/2-3/4 weight which allows a little more line out

·
Registered
354 Posts
Same here on the speed, any slow or faster seems to cause less bites. We have also used both inlines and BB's and I think the BB's tend to catch a few more fish as the harness stays a little higher off the bottom. Going to try and make it out Friday after work as well.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
big building south of spillway(which is just south of crocker launch)

if i had to guess 14 mile road

1 - 17 of 17 Posts