Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to L&J Meats in Lake City asked for a small tri tip, we marinated over night in St.Elmos steak sauce reverse seared to 128. She made Yukon gold garlic mashed taters, green beans and garden maters.

10582.jpeg

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Went to L&J Meats in Lake City asked for a small tri tip, we marinated over night in St.Elmos steak sauce reverse seared to 128. She made Yukon gold garlic mashed taters, green beans and garden maters.

View attachment 441619
Looks nice, it's hard to beat a nicely prepared piece of beef.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Great looking roast Ded. Bet if ya could ever actually find yer way out to the stand ya'd like the haunch off a young doe even more. I get it, I ain't been out yet either. Cept my excuses ain't near as colorful as yers.

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great looking roast Ded. Bet if ya could ever actually find yer way out to the stand ya'd like the haunch off a young doe even more. I get it, I ain't been out yet either. Cept my excuses ain't near as colorful as yers.
Thank you. Need to get out shoot a few

Young doe, I grew up with my folks owning tame deer. A nice young fallow fawn on rotisserie be epic. Now I have a big rotisserie smoker. Hmmmm

·
Registered
780 Posts
Man, I wish I had access to tri tip. Love that cut but can't find it around me. The Yukon golds are great. I do American fries with onions and lots of butter. People wonder what my secret is but it's just the Yukon golds. They're the best. You're tri tip looks awesome. Done perfectly. The photography with the contrasting colors makes it even more appealing. Great job!

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, I wish I had access to tri tip. Love that cut but can't find it around me. The Yukon golds are great. I do American fries with onions and lots of butter. People wonder what my secret is but it's just the Yukon golds. They're the best. You're tri tip looks awesome. Done perfectly. The photography with the contrasting colors makes it even more appealing. Great job!
Thank u.Tri tip is awesome. I'm fortunate to have a girl I went school with,dated owns a butcher shop.. None of her beef is graded, it's inspected, locally raised, I've got a good eye for meat we are buying prime at choice prices. She takes good care of us, I can call say need this cut, k be done tommorow. We always mention her in our Facebook posts, it's a lifelong friend and want her to excel. You saw the ribeye and Chuck roast we get, good grief

Thank you for saying cooked perfect. In two Facebook groups I'm in had a few say it wasn't cooked
o_O Reverse sear pull 128, rest 10 cooks to 130-135. Bit my tongue, took high road

Golds are amazing. Sal makes B.A loaded russets last few times she's been making garlic mash outta golds. Seriously try the high mountain garlic pepper seasoning (Dunham's) it's really good

And thank u for plated pic comment. All we watch is food Network belong to multiple fb cooking groups. Sal can plate a pic. 3+ colors. Thanks again take alot of pride

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Tried that reverse sear approach a few years ago on a standing rib and been using on every roast since. Finish on a blazing hot grill a couple minutes for the crust. Infallible. Like to rattle the pans myself, and fortunate to have a great butcher shop in our little town. Ever make your own venison stock?

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried that reverse sear approach a few years ago on a standing rib and been using on every roast since. Finish on a blazing hot grill a couple minutes for the crust. Infallible. Like to rattle the pans myself, and fortunate to have a great butcher shop in our little town. Ever make your own venison stock?
It really is the most simple way to cook large cuts. You cook hot and fast your driving heat to deep.

No never made venison stock, be up Sal's alley, she loves making stuff like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts