Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Love mine. Safer than a treestand. More versatile. Won't get ripped off. All you have to do is set up trees with steps. IMO, hauling ladder sticks around the woods is a waste and a pain. Plan on having six+ more trees preped this year.

And you only have to buy one instead of multiple treestands at $80-$200 a piece.

· Registered
7,486 Posts
kmattso1 said:
Im thinking about getting one this year...but I hunt out of pines a lot. Will it work well in trees that have dense branches?
If it's private property, cut them.

Buy Eberharts videos and you'll see some more detail on setting up trees. he hunts in quite a few pines. I've only been in a couple due to their sap and I have had alternate trees w/i feet of the pine and the trail(s) I wanted to hunt. It'll work, but I suggest setting up in early spring and let the sap harden.

· Registered
157 Posts
I had something similar when i first started hunting, I think it was called a bulldog treestand. It was awsome for hiking into rough areas. Iowa has the same rules about climbing spikes and pegs on public land, so after I grew up a bit and was less cocky about bending rules I finally stopped using it. That was also about the time we picked up some good private land and started using hang-ons. I have a summit climber now that I use and love, but I wish I could remember who I lent that strap on to before I moved.:bonk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.