Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with the tree hugger stand? It's the one where you are sitting in your harness basically and you are facing the tree. When you are ready to take a shot you push yourself away from the tree. It's like an ambush stand really and it allows you to go 360 degrees around the tree. I'm looking to get one but it's $200 and I really would like some feed back. Interested in hunting some state land and this would be a perfect set up. Also, does anyone know if you can use tree steps in state land? I'd really appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Huntgirl72

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I would just get the ambush stand...it's cheaper and there is a pretty loyal following on these forums. Contact J Eberhart (John) this forum to order... I think they are much cheaper than $200.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. I'm new to this so don't mind if I seem a bit slow but how would I get a hold of John? Is he the author in that Michigan magazine? I think I read an article about the ambush stand and that is exactly what I'm looking for but how would you suppose I get a hold of him? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Thanks for your help. I'm new to this so don't mind if I seem a bit slow but how would I get a hold of John? Is he the author in that Michigan magazine? I think I read an article about the ambush stand and that is exactly what I'm looking for but how would you suppose I get a hold of him? Thanks.
If you know how to PM on these forums, just make the recipient J Eberhart and send him a note...or you can go to www.deer-john.net . I'm not sure if there are any other site sponsors that sell the ambush saddle so I apologize in advance if there is anyone else who does sell it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. Thank you so much to the both of you for all your help. I love this website. I was just in a 7 year relationship with a man and we did everything for hunting together. Well he decided that now he is retired he doesn't want to be tied down.

I did everything up at his 80 acre farm for hunting. Everything from planting plot fields to hanging trail cams and keeping track of pictures to tell him where to put stands and blinds. I'm sad that I don't have private land to hunt anymore and I have to now learn about state land hunting but I'm trying to keep my head up and get into it. I know that I will do good no matter where I'm hunting.

You guys have made me feel that I don't need him in order to be successful hunting. I can't tell you how much it means to me that other gentlemen are out there with answers and that I don't have to feel alone in this new experience.

Thank you so much.
Christine

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Welcome to MS. I went through the same thing as you, I hunted with my ex on his familes property and held my own when it came to the work for 8 years. When we divorced I thought that I was never going to be successful hunting again.

I have been divorced for almost 2 years and I will tell you that you do not need him to help you or to be successful you are in the right place for that.....for the most part everyone on this forum is very interested in helping out. I have met a ton of new friends on here and have learned alot from just asking questions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to say thanks to you for sharing your story. Being married for 8 years and then divorced had to be tough. I wasn't married but it is still hard. It's only been one month and I am now going through some bad feelings about him. I know I don't need him, especially for hunting but this is our time of year.

Oh well, I guess I will have to make new memories huh. I like this website. I am hoping to meet a lot of new friends and also I'd love to see if there is like a women's hunting camp. Wouldn't that be fun?

My goal is to own 100 acres and build my dream home on it. Then to manage my deer herd on it by plotting acres of biologic and corn and beans. Oh I can't wait.

Thanks for your kind words.
Huntgirl72

·
Registered
926 Posts
Also, does anyone know if you can use tree steps in state land? I'd really appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Huntgirl72
Steps on state land cannot penetrate the cambium (sp) layer. In other words, no screw in steps, they do sell stap on steps though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts