Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creative arts Hood Automotive design Tints and shades Pattern
Mesh Bag Net Rectangle Automotive exterior
Sleeve Bag Mesh Slope Fashion accessory
what do you guys think of these? Found them on eBay cheaper than I can buy wire

·
Registered
82 Posts
turtles might tear them up trying to get at the bait. Holes look a little large, might have to put ziptie guards on them. get a couple and try them out.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
They will catch crayfish. I'm curious how sturdy they are. If they are flimsy that would be an issue trapping in current. I could also see turtles tearing them up like biteme mentioned. The mesh seems a little small so you might end up with a bunch of minnows in the trap. That is why we like to use 1/2" mesh it allows minnows to swim thru the trap.

It wouldn't hurt to give em a shot especially if the price is right. I have seen people use jugs and whatever else they can get their hands on. I have a couple different ideas I'm working on with a different material. I will be making a post about them this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
You should already know I don't keep any secrets from my crawfish people! Lol. I grabbed some plastic hardware cloth. I was getting really tired of sharp edges on my cones. I also had the idea of plasti-dipping the end or using roll on bed liner.

Also going to make some pillow traps and have a couple ideas I want to try out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts