Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what i need to know is it legal to trap a bay of lake Superior? I will be out in the bay some trapping Muskrats..

There is no houses along the side of the water but some on the other side. One area connects in to state park land so would i need to get permission from them?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Lake Superior is no different than any other body of water and you are free to trap provided you follow the general rules, (names on traps, valid license, etc). Where you are describing is an odd place to trap and I would worry about getting your traps stolen so I wouldn't use floating sets if I were you. On the other hand I never saw anyone trapping that spot so you might do well. The state park is closed for the season but if you want, you can go to the Baraga O.S.C. and speak to the appropriate person.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks J,

I did stop in the Baraga field office and they were gonna get back with me but i havent heard anything. So maybe tomorrow i will swing on by again.

I have thought about the fact of getting traps stolen but i do have some older ones i will use at first lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts