Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Can you explain what "In the round" means?
Basically it's a fur bearer that is shot or trapped (whichever is the legal method) and frozen without skinning. Some guys prefer this because they can skin/scrape/stretch the critter the way they want it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
273 Posts
In the round is the whole animal. You will get a little better money from Willie(Stephens) if you thaw the critters out before bringing them in.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Trevor Barnes out if cold water area would b better to deal with proly get better price...[/QUOT

That's who I sell to as well will buy it any way you want to sell it!!!!!!!! Great prices and lots of trapping supplies in his shop

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So let me get this right... I can just bring in the whole animal with none of the dirty work to these guys? I mean some of them I would do up but my skills in this area are limited. I am assuming I would get less for them also.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
So let me get this right... I can just bring in the whole animal with none of the dirty work to these guys? I mean some of them I would do up but my skills in this area are limited. I am assuming I would get less for them also.
Sure. They will pay accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
306 Posts
I sell most of my coons to Willie, as he is only 10 minutes away and I don't like skinning coons. Putting up coon is a lot like work and I work enough as is. Everything else gets skinned and sold elsewhere. Two years ago I compared what Willie paid and Groenwald paid and I decided to sell to Willie. When market is better, such as now, it is probably better to elsewhere. Some people like to complain about what local fur buyers offer, they don't make us though, it's our choice. If you skin and stretch you have all the options.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts