Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Mainly do skeet, but the trap range is 75yds away and hit that sometimes. I go to Washtenaw Sportsman Club.

·
Premium Member
5,603 Posts
I shoot winter league at Kent County Conservation League. Not hard core but it's good fun.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
did it for 3 years. Went 27 yards my first year. 200x200 my first year and had enough. Lots of fun good people. Used to shoot from Linden SC.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
First started shooting trap on an extremely casual basis decades ago when I lived in the Detroit area and used two different BT-99s. Then I started shooting sporting clays every weekend (just for fun) so the 99s' soon went on the For Sale rack. When I moved to west Michigan I started shooting skeet at a local club (not registered) and while it was fun I really couldn't get into it. A couple of years ago I bought an old style BT-99 and to support the club joined ATA and shot my first registered birds. Really enjoyed the hell out of it. Sold/bought in progression BT-99/ SKB Trap Combo (O/U-Unsingle) new BT-99/ Superposed Broadway Trap. Really liked the Broadway Trap but with 32" O/U barrels it was a lot of gun. I have no interest in shooting trap doubles so why two barrels? Nonetheless shot the gun quite well.

To make a short story long a guy at the club bought a BT-99 two barrel set a few months ago. I asked if I could shoot it. Broke ten birds straight (didn't shoot a full line) and have never shot a gun that seemed to fit me so well. Jokingly said to him: "If you ever want to sell it give me first ..." Surprisingly he replied: "I'll sell it to you for what I've got into it." Next day it was mine and the Superposed is on the For Sale rack. Can't really justify two trap guns.

Picked it up for $800.00 :evil: . I belong and shoot registered birds at the North Ottawa Rod & Gun Club in Grand Haven and Seaway Gun Club in Muskegon. I also shoot registered birds at various west Michigan clubs. I'm a C shooter and pretty much shoot for fun and try not to get to ginned up about my scores. I think my 16 yd. average is 89 and my 20 yd. handicap is 86.

Hoppe's no.10

1 - 8 of 8 Posts