Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a transom plate for a small boat. Does anyone know where I can find 1 square foot of 1/8" aluminum? I've checked several places and can't find one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I need a transom plate for a small boat. Does anyone know where I can find 1 square foot of 1/8" aluminum? I've checked several places and can't find one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
scrap yards,,scaffold installation companies, use a lot of 1/4" deck plate...and always have scrap laying around..you can buy it new but it is expensive,,if you get it cut to size..pick a random drop and cut it to size your self. skill saw with a cheap wood cutting blade set depth to about 1/2"

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
A old street sign will work.......Mack

·
Premium Member
29,613 Posts
Try a boat scrapyard, should be all kinds to choose from, just may have to cut to size.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There's a couple of places I know of around the Metro Detroit area. One is in Warren called Metal Mart on Dequinder north of 13 Mile, and the other is in Detroit called Federal Pipe, on 6 Mile and east of Mound, they sell all that stuff. They have a rack of cut aluminum plate,angle, and flats.

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
ace hardware had some last i looked

1 - 6 of 6 Posts