Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I met up with two really great guys on Sunday to train with who could not have made Sagga and I feel more welcome. Frank Fraquelli and Bob Gillcrest are top notch guys. Very Knowledgeable and informative. I left the training grounds that day feeling like I could not wait to get back home to work on my homework, so that I could go to the next training day and show that we had improved. And that we could be better and be ready to move on to the next task.

And did I mention there dogs!! I have always known I would get another pup. But until last sunday I was not sure as to what I wanted. I really love the labs and now I have found exactly what I am looking for. I watched Franks dog "Gator" a black "pointing" lab work and could not stop grinning watching him respond to the commands ask of him. He also has a very young pup that just blew me away watching him work in the water and with his ground work....it really gave me goose bumps. Bob has a young GSP that was absolutely beautiful as well...so confident for a young dog. I tried really hard to bribe Frank for that lil pointing lab but I think he has big things in the future for that lil guy. I can see why!!

If anyone is looking for a trainer I would certainly recommend either one of these guys to work with your dogs. They have a manner about them that just makes the dogs and owners feel at ease...I cant wait for the next training day so that Sagga and I can learn more and be better as a team..

Thanks guy.....you rock!! See ya this weekend.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
450 Posts
catherine,glad you got with frank and bob.

that rondo is a cute litlle firecracker for sure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I personally know both Frank and Bob, and of course thier dogs. Frank helped me out with my boy Duke when he was A pup, and let me tell ya, your hooked up with the right guys. Good luck with your dog.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You did meet two great dog people who have lots of knowledge and experiance in both upland and retrieving. Listen to what they have to say and you will go far.
Gator and Frank are a team no doubt and represent what we all should strive for with our dogs. I kinda wonder how Gator feels about the newest teammate though probably still wondering when he is going home.:)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Well Gosh,Thanks,,,,Checks are in the mail;). Gator and his new little pal "the tazmanian devil" just both smacked point on a woodcock,wish I would have had a camera.----Glad you are so enthused Wolf_Dancer. A reliable training partner with the knowledge that Bob has is worth more than I can explain. Gator isn't near the dog he has turned out to be without Bob and I meeting when G was four months old.That guy has tossed thousands of bumpers,and stinky birds for my dog. Training groups should be non-competitive and fun,and helpful to one another. With the dogs being #1 priority. If you can find one person to train with you are ahead of most.----Oh! and Rondo does have a plan mapped out,you can bet on that.,,,,Again thanks you all....................:cool:Paco

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wolf_Dancer, you are vary lucky to live so close to those Guys!!
I don't know Bob, but all I have heard about him is great stuff.

Frank on the other hand you have to watch out for!! If you aren't careful he has been known to keep people on the phone for hours talking about dogs:yikes:....

But seriously, you are in great hands.. I just meet Frank back in May through a phone call, that was one of the best calls I have ever made.. I gained a great friend that I have had many hours of conversation with since. I would not be where I am now if it weren't for Frank lighting the fire in me.

You see I am lucky enough to have one of his Gator's pups; Rondo's brother, Grady. I thought I was getting a high quality lab that I wanted for hunting and family.. I got that and much more than I ever imagined. I have turned into a complete addict with this training, and I don't see an end in site. My pup is doing some amazing things for only 3.5 months old and we could not have made it this far without all the help I have been coached through. I can't wait to see where Grady will be in a year!!

At times I feel sorry for Frank and Dale "HRK" as I have pushed my way under their wing weather they wanted me or not!! I am like that pain in the a$ $ dog that keeps bumping your hand and you just can't help but pet on the head:p..... These guys are great and have helped me out so much; and I am only getting started.

So when I say you are lucky it is because all of my help has been over the phone, the distance is too far for weekend seccions..
That might be a good thing or I might have a restraining order against me:cool:......

Good for you and good luck,

Steve

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rodbuster---I could not have said it any better...i have only spent one afternoon with these guys and cant wait until the next session which is today. I only hope that Sagga and I can hold up our end of the bargain...We have alot of making up time now but I think we can get there.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and praise of these two guys. It is great to know that Sagga and I will in good hands.

Oh and I am going to try hard and sneak that lil Rondo in my vehicle when I leave today(dont tell Frank)----lets hope that Frank does not miss him until he is home ---cuz we will be long gone by then. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts