Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been saying this alot lately that this year I am going to get Lily where I want her. I want to start a training group like once a week on Sat. Mornings. I live in Kzoo and would like to get some people together within a 1/2 hour to 45 min. any way. If you are wanting to try drop me a PM or post away. I am a lab guy, so I dont know what kind of training that pointers and flusher guys do. I know that there is a little difference and a lot of people do both. Post any ideas comments!

Dave you want to help me get this thing going. You got kids that can help throw:evil: jk...I want to see you run a trial this year with me and both of us pass!

If we get a few together maybe we then can try to set up and area to do the training.

Age makes no difference...in th dogs that is, or the level that they are at!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
LilyDuck said:
Ok I have been saying this alot lately that this year I am going to get Lily where I want her. I want to start a training group like once a week on Sat. Mornings. I live in Kzoo and would like to get some people together within a 1/2 hour to 45 min. any way. If you are wanting to try drop me a PM or post away. I am a lab guy, so I dont know what kind of training that pointers and flusher guys do. I know that there is a little difference and a lot of people do both. Post any ideas comments!

Dave you want to help me get this thing going. You got kids that can help throw:evil: jk...I want to see you run a trial this year with me and both of us pass!

If we get a few together maybe we then can try to set up and area to do the training.

Age makes no difference...in th dogs that is, or the level that they are at!
Would love/NEED to do some training! Schedule.....???? mid week- possible wensday would work, otherwise a saturday morning type group! Jay, you need to participate at that Meet and Greet, Coldwater style.....There should be good info there!

Dave

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jason,

Keep me posted when you get something setup. I'd come down occasionally to train. It's a 2 hour drive to the zoo for me, so I can't commit to every week.

Roger

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have a small retriever training group that meets in the Middleville/Yankee Springs area. We have not been together since hunting season began and I'm ready to get it started again.

Your always welcome to come up and train with us.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Barry said:
I have a small retriever training group that meets in the Middleville/Yankee Springs area. We have not been together since hunting season began and I'm ready to get it started again.

Your always welcome to come up and train with us.
Might be something to help keep things "interesting"! Maybe alternate some between the 2!

Dave

·
Registered
876 Posts
The key to any training group is having someone willing to keep it organized. What I do is send a group email to tell them when and where I will be. Sometimes we have five people and sometimes its just me.

If your doing marks, I think having at least four people is the ideal number. On occassion, its nice to have a much larger group so your dog learns patience and is exposed to a high level of social activity (dogs, people, vehicles and shooting).

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'd be up for it. I'm looking for a group closer than the one I was going to in threerivers, and I'm in plainwell. I'm always looking for guys to train with....

·
Registered
876 Posts
Until this morning we didn't have any snow in Grand Rapids. Last night we got 6 inches. Once the snow hardens or melts, it will be good for training again.

I will include everyone who posted above on my email list and your welcome to join me in the Yankee Springs area anytime. Yankee Springs is halfway between GR and K-zoo.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Barry,

You have invited me numerous times and this year I am going to take the plunge. I too will keep everybody posted, as to when things go round.

B you said it the best organization is the key!

How was the banquet, I double booked my weeeknd and was not able to attend I hope that everybody had a great time

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts