Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd get the dogs out for a little exercise and plant some pigeons for them today.

Didn't do anything fancy, just pigeons in launchers -- looking for a stop on first scent with a few distractions thrown at them. Not much else to do around here til the ol' long beaks start showing up in a couple months.

Snapped some grainy pics with my cellphone:

This qualifies as "intensity" from Connie. Froze solid when she first detected the bird, and paid no attention to me as I kicked around, tossed a glove, then a hat, and eventually launched the bird. She often keeps her tail low like that -- maybe the GSP in her.

SERIOUS long distance point from Maddie. The bird is out of frame to the left.

Same point, a little closer:

Connie backing Maddie's point above. The bird was actually back behind Connie. I think she eventually realized the bird was there, but stayed in her "honoring" position rather than turning into the bird.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Good stuff Kevin--looks like Connie continues to make progress and Maddie is doing great as usual. I stayed home and played home improvement guy today. I've got tommorrow off, will probably get out for a little while with or without birds.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice work Kevin.

We sat in front of the wood stove today. Ruger still is a bit wiped out from the KS trip. Keeping warm was enbough for me this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts