Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Just picked up my new pup last week. I have been researching which training collar will work best for my type of hunting. I will be puddle duck hunting on small ponds,rivers, and somtimes bigger areas like the bay and Pt. Moullie. Please give me your recomendations for the training collar you prefer and why you prefer it. Thanks!!!!

-Isaac

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Search it was talked about within 2 months, but tri tronics. Good collar n American made. Have u used a collar b4? Most people have no clue on how to use one.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I like Tri-Tronics. the biggest thing to all e-collars is how to use it. if used correctly the dog will love to have it on. used wrong and the dog will shutdown. I bought Tri-Tronics because my dog was conditioned with TT and the trainer recommened I use the same brand. if I were to buy a new one it would still be a TT. I have the Flyway model and no complaints.

·
Registered
215 Posts
TriTronics and Dogtra are the best..(I've had both)
Dogtra works the best for me. I take my dog running with me all the time and the smaller transmitter is easier to handle. Plus it fits in my waders better than the bigger tritronics transmitter.
Having said all that....I have nothing bad to say about TT. They make an excellent collar that is favoured by a lot of pros and serious amateurs.
If you don't know already, please take the time to learn the correct way to collar condition your dog. The e collar is a great tool when used correctly. It can ruin a dog when used incorrectly..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts