Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with Ty [my yellow lab] very hard and focused over the last 2 months. line up drills, to clock or base ball and realized I still did not have a sit command in the field, meaning not next to me to enforce. so last week We worked hard on that. the e collar has failed so I had to do the discipline by running in and shaking, scolding, and aggressively taking him back to the infraction point. hard couple of days, then he started to get it. 3rd day only a couple infractions. by the 4 day almost there. . last 2 days he has put it together, send for a retrieve. stop and redirect to a different bumper. 2 days only praise no infractions that were not corrected with a command redirect, that is heading for the wrong redirect bumper. very pleased. now as I strengthen this further, I will need to find out what else I need him to do before we head into the snakes and gators. probably a stronger come command. the heal is very strong , his power and drive is outstanding

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Sounds like your "T" work is coming along good. Time to get a new shock collar

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that like a many other things will need to wait. still looking for work, yes I am shocked at that statement, I have never been unemployed in my life since 1972:dizzy:, but here I am. at least I am making headway with Ty and we both have had some really good days training,
was out scouting for a possible area to hunt . found a gator in a pool on a stream not to far away, soo I think we will keep working on the rock solid commands! later I hope to join the hrc group in the orlando area about an hour away

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
that like a many other things will need to wait. still looking for work, yes I am shocked at that statement, I have never been unemployed in my life since 1972:dizzy:, but here I am. at least I am making headway with Ty and we both have had some really good days training,
was out scouting for a possible area to hunt . found a gator in a pool on a stream not to far away, soo I think we will keep working on the rock solid commands! later I hope to join the hrc group in the orlando area about an hour away
If you were near me you could borrow my collar since my dog is at training. FL is a bit far from me. ;)

Oh, and good luck finding work!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind thoughts Socks, I know it will all work out! and for now I must keep moving in a forward direction and use old tactics that came before collars. just need to find some of that info, the dog responds well when given clear direction. and takes a sharp voice and a smack when he knows he dis obeyed the command, confusion is a pass of coarse. I will need to find out how to post a vid sometime on his race car game. Ty is a Shadow Warrior / Light Junkie. he is obsessed with shadow and or light beams. if the sun is out or the night lights come on they make shadows to chase. Same if you bring out a flashlight. he will chase the beam to exhaustion:dizzy:. so Coopers Big brother is healthy and happy, beating up the girls constantly

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Ty sounds a lot like his owner...oh wait he is Sally's dog so he is like the trainer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts