Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago i noticed 2 trailheads along 72 west of Grayling. Lewiston trail maybe?? Anyone know what they are? Hows the trails? Trying to find some wider trails that arent all whooped out, they didnt look to bad from the rd. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
1,248 Posts
One of them would have to be the blue bear trail system, takes you out to starvation lake to the north or to lake city to the south. Not sure how they are for atvs, used to ride the sleds on them back in the late 90s and they were always rough due to high traffic.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heard leota was whooped out really really bad..

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buddys of mine rd it a few weeks ago and said it was pretty bad. Just searching for something decent to ride..

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Leota is a good trail its just west of the north light in Kalkaska. My wife , me and another couple road it last fall. The trail weast of Grayling is a snowmobile trail that is open to ATV's. Frederick trail is the rough one.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
7iron. Isnt the (leota) trail down south of there near harrison/leota area.. You sure thats the name of the trail your thinking of?

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
7iron. Isnt the (leota) trail down south of there near harrison/leota area.. You sure thats the name of the trail your thinking of?

Leota trail head is West of Harrison yes. But there are trails open to snowmobiles and atv use. It is usually the snowmobiles that whoop the trails out.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats what i figured.. Leota trail isnt near kalkaska so i dont know what trail hes thinking about. And as far as being all whooped out, i think its more a dirt bike result than a snowmobile issue....

·
Registered
10,887 Posts
The trail just EAST of Kalkaska on Co Rd 612 is the Leetsville trail.

There is another motorsports trail system off Supply Road, SE of Kalkaska, east of TC. Might be called GT Motrosports Trail, or something similar.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Road the Kalkaska trail system near bear lake today. Rode stritcly the Orv route system and put about 80 miles on quad.. Good times, not busy at all and trails were in good shape. Got a lil dusty as the day wore on..

·
Registered
65 Posts
The trail just EAST of Kalkaska on Co Rd 612 is the Leetsville trail.

There is another motorsports trail system off Supply Road, SE of Kalkaska, east of TC. Might be called GT Motrosports Trail, or something similar.
I do belive the TC one is for bikes only ..at least its listed as motorcycle route and not orv/atv :sad:
Camping in interlochen and were contaplating on bringing the quads up due to not knowing were you can ride close by with not having to trailer 30 miles to ride.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts

I just realized I said the wrong trail it is the Leetsville trail. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
10,887 Posts
I do belive the TC one is for bikes only ..at least its listed as motorcycle route and not orv/atv :sad:
Camping in interlochen and were contaplating on bringing the quads up due to not knowing were you can ride close by with not having to trailer 30 miles to ride.
Wasn't sure if part of might be open to atv's or not. I think there is three loops to it and you probably are right, bikes only.

Benzie and GT county's are both open to atv's. Lot's of country in the Bendon swamp to explore.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wasn't sure if part of might be open to atv's or not. I think there is three loops to it and you probably are right, bikes only.

Benzie and GT county's are both open to atv's. Lot's of country in the Bendon swamp to explore.
I did some more research and it does look like TC area IS open to quads .
I plugged in ATV rentals in the TC area on goggle and found this...
ATVs | Sunset Water Sports

They rent quads out of ranch Rudolph and in the vid thats on there site is on the TC snowmobile trail system . Watch the vid and you can see the sled trail signs in the backgrounds.

Not sure of how much of the system is used , but imagine the supply rd stageing area would be a good drop spot too ... wonder if the kalkaska park n ride(club house) would be open to drop atvs ??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts