Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Trailer parts

974 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Burksee
I had to do a quick bearing replacement on my Fisher trailer Saturday. I need to replace the spindle and maybe the drum. Anyone know where to buy parts? Thanks.
I had to do a quick bearing replacement on my Fisher trailer Saturday. I need to replace the spindle and maybe the drum. Anyone know where to buy parts? Thanks.
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
There is a great trailer store down the road from me. But that is a drive for you. I am sure there is a trailer store in livingston county that is close to you.
There is a great trailer store down the road from me. But that is a drive for you. I am sure there is a trailer store in livingston county that is close to you.
See more
Tractor Supply carries lots of trailer parts. You can get spindles, axles, bearings, wheels, etc. Give them a try. I don't see a lot of it listed on the web but I know that they carry stuff in the stores that aren't on the web site. Check out the site to find the closest store to you and give them a call.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/

Good luck!

John
Tractor Supply carries lots of trailer parts. You can get spindles, axles, bearings, wheels, etc. Give them a try. I don't see a lot of it listed on the web but I know that they carry stuff in the stores that aren't on the web site. Check out the site to find the closest store to you and give them a call.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/

Good luck!

John
See more
if all else fails try Michigan Trailer Supply,there on Northline rd. in Romulus,they have it all 734.942.9444
if all else fails try Michigan Trailer Supply,there on Northline rd. in Romulus,they have it all 734.942.9444
See more
Joes trailers in Livonia is a pretty good place also....Mack
Joes trailers in Livonia is a pretty good place also....Mack
See more
If you want to order online, here is a place I have used before.
Click on the link below, compare their prices. Rich

Eastern Marine
If you want to order online, here is a place I have used before.
Click on the link below, compare their prices. Rich

Eastern Marine
See more
northern tool and hydraulics is cheapest i have found

i wanted instant gratification so i purchased at tractor supply though

just finished that project last weekend
northern tool and hydraulics is cheapest i have found

i wanted instant gratification so i purchased at tractor supply though

just finished that project last weekend
See more
Trailer supply store on 59 just east of Pontiac Airport has all the stuff I need... Red's Frame on 59 can do it all for a good price, and you keep your hands clean....
Trailer supply store on 59 just east of Pontiac Airport has all the stuff I need... Red's Frame on 59 can do it all for a good price, and you keep your hands clean....
See more
I took a look at replacing the spindle last night. I will need to either replace the whole axle or cut off and reweld a new spindle on the trailer. I opted to clean the spindle up as best I could and keep a watchful eye on her. I am heading downriver tonite so I'll stop by Mi trailer supply for brake shoes and the hardware kit.
I took a look at replacing the spindle last night. I will need to either replace the whole axle or cut off and reweld a new spindle on the trailer. I opted to clean the spindle up as best I could and keep a watchful eye on her. I am heading downriver tonite so I'll stop by Mi trailer supply for brake shoes and the hardware kit.
See more
If it helps, I had a newer pop up camper several years ago and while traveling home stopped for gas and noticed the tire looking crooked. Long story short, ended up doing the bearings in a farm and fleet parking lot. I made it home fine and ordered a new hub assembly from Dexter, who built my axle, and used a file on the spindle until everything went on smoothly (bearing races). Have not had any more problems, the spindle was fine. I pack my bearing much more frequently now.
If it helps, I had a newer pop up camper several years ago and while traveling home stopped for gas and noticed the tire looking crooked. Long story short, ended up doing the bearings in a farm and fleet parking lot. I made it home fine and ordered a new hub assembly from Dexter, who built my axle, and used a file on the spindle until everything went on smoothly (bearing races). Have not had any more problems, the spindle was fine. I pack my bearing much more frequently now.
See more
After numerous attempts to get thru on the phone, they finally answered. Being as the holiday w/e was fast approaching I asked them their hours of operation. They stated they usually stayed open till 5pm but they might skip out early (about 4pm) today (Thursday) and they would be closed for a 4 day holiday w/e. I got there at 3:40pm and they were already closed :rant:
Needless to say, I was a bit PO'd and now don't have a kind word to say about them...live and learn people.
sullyxlh said:
See less
After numerous attempts to get thru on the phone, they finally answered. Being as the holiday w/e was fast approaching I asked them their hours of operation. They stated they usually stayed open till 5pm but they might skip out early (about 4pm) today (Thursday) and they would be closed for a 4 day holiday w/e. I got there at 3:40pm and they were already closed :rant:
Needless to say, I was a bit PO'd and now don't have a kind word to say about them...live and learn people...
See more
I would think if you ordered online last week, you could have saved the phone calls, gas money for the trip there and all the aggravation that goes with it.
Might have even had them already too. ;)
Rich
notmuchtime said:
Needless to say, I was a bit PO'd and now don't have a kind word to say about them...live and learn people.
See less
I would think if you ordered online last week, you could have saved the phone calls, gas money for the trip there and all the aggravation that goes with it.
Might have even had them already too. ;)
Rich
notmuchtime said:
After numerous attempts to get thru on the phone, they finally answered. Being as the holiday w/e was fast approaching I asked them their hours of operation. They stated they usually stayed open till 5pm but they might skip out early (about 4pm) today (Thursday) and they...
See more
Sorry, missed this thread earlier or I'da told you one of the best places for parts and service out this way is:

Mr Trailer
2527 Dixie Hwy (*West of Telegraph)
Waterford, MI 48328

#248-673-4460
Sorry, missed this thread earlier or I'da told you one of the best places for parts and service out this way is:

Mr Trailer
2527 Dixie Hwy (*West of Telegraph)
Waterford, MI 48328

#248-673-4460
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.