Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... hoping for some help. Interested in adding trail maps for Michigan and NY trails since I ride both.
I looked at both VV Mapping and also Backwoods. VV mapping seems detailed but does not include NY. Which would require me to purchase backwoods for NY regardless.
Backwoods is half the cost since for each state since they have the option of direct download from their site using your own micro SD. So I would be getting NY and Mich trails for 40 vs. 60 if I went with the VV for Michigan and Backwoods NY combo.
Question is does anyone have experience with either or both of these mapping companies. If so what is your satisfaction level and is one better than the other as far as detail?
I had spoke with both companies customer service and see that to be about equal.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey guys.... hoping for some help. Interested in adding trail maps for Michigan and NY trails since I ride both.
I looked at both VV Mapping and also Backwoods. VV mapping seems detailed but does not include NY. Which would require me to purchase backwoods for NY regardless.
Backwoods is half the cost since for each state since they have the option of direct download from their site using your own micro SD. So I would be getting NY and Mich trails for 40 vs. 60 if I went with the VV for Michigan and Backwoods NY combo.
Question is does anyone have experience with either or both of these mapping companies. If so what is your satisfaction level and is one better than the other as far as detail?
I had spoke with both companies customer service and see that to be about equal.
Any help would be appreciated.

I’m in the UP snowmobiling now. My buddy has the Michigan mapping from VV. Says he is very happy with his service. Pays $10 per year for unlimited up grades. Knows nothing about the backwoods for NY.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard good things about VV and was happy with their responses. I just wish they offered a download option like Backwoods does. Enjoy the UP and stay safe... thanks for the response. Any other input welcomed!!!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I’ve been using vv for over ten years. Works well and great customer service. They should have a download option. You can have them mail you it on an add card for like 10 bucks more

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
VV has always been great to deal with. I've e-mailed him questions in the past and he always responds.

·
Registered
211 Posts
VV Mapping all the way. Excellent customer service that goes above and beyond if you have any questions or issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input. I ended up going with the VV mapping card. Also watched a few videos on it and the seemed detailed and accurate. I'm just going to "splurge" lol and get the backwoods NY card, since it's 20 bucks more and swap them out accordingly.
Now, if anyone can recommend some good stuff seeing Waters, Gaylord or Frederic to visit with kids, that would be awesome! Coming up in a few weeks with the kids and would be great to have a few places to visit in the area that are near. Either to sight see nature stuff, eat or grab a little treat!!
Thanks for all the input so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts