Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good trail cam to buy? I am sold on the infared flash. Anything else? Want to spend around $150-$200

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
The top three (manufacturers) on my list right now are Reconyx, Moultrie, and Cuddeback simply based on the research I have done. Your choices will be somewhat limited for an infared camera in the $150-$200 range, however there are a few out there. My advice is to wait maybe a month and then really look around for one. You might be able to pick up a higher end camera in that price range as the Manufacturers start to push their new models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What about Bushnell? Anyone know anything on the Bushnell Cameras. Mine gives me trouble ever since I bought it. Sent it back and still don't think its working right. The flash on it only works sometimes and also at night the range of the flash is only about 5 yards. Something just don't seem right on it. I get a lot of just black photos.

·
Registered
833 Posts
What about Bushnell? Anyone know anything on the Bushnell Cameras. Mine gives me trouble ever since I bought it. Sent it back and still don't think its working right. The flash on it only works sometimes and also at night the range of the flash is only about 5 yards. Something just don't seem right on it. I get a lot of just black photos.
agreed although ours isn't the infared we have had too many problems with the bushnell.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah i got the bushnell trail scout. Even thought I have caught some nice deer on it you can barely see the horns of the deer and I think I would see a lot more if i didn't have so many black photos. About 1/3 of my pictures are black everytime I check my pictures. Takes nice pictures during the day tho/

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
For the money you are looking to spend I would suggest only 2 cameras.

1. The Moultrie I-40. I purchased one this last year and love the videos and battery life.

2. The Scoutguard 550. This is a relativley new camera but is liked by many. Very small I might ad. I am waiting to see how they rate after they have been on the market for a while, but looks like it could be a winner.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The Scoutguard 550. This is a relativley new camera but is liked by many. Very small I might ad. I am waiting to see how they rate after they have been on the market for a while, but looks like it could be a winner.

I sent both of my Scoutgaurd 550 back. Had water issues with them.

Now I see that DCL Covert II camera is out and has a new design. Same manufacture as the SG 550, better design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts