Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Its nice to see testing on products when the party has no vested interest. Hopefully they don't. But I have a Reconyx HC600 and love it. Best camera I have ever owned hands down. I have owned most brands in the past several years. The Reconyx is the only one I have used that has not had any problems. Mine is over a year old, battery life is unbelievable and the pictures are far from blury. But I have an open mind. I may try one of the trophy cams and see how it compares to the reconyx. Thanks for posting. Pretty interesting.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I will second the reconyx, they are worth every penny, and have never noticed blurry pictures.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Overall good reviews but a few thing i was confused on were:

- they docked the cams that didnt have any "security" on them. Yet what the hell is a simple plastic loop for a lock gonna do against a thief.....

- they docked wildgame inovations for using bungy cords to mount. Yet said he liked the other cam that used a bungy cord to mount "it was growing on him". I own one of those cameras and i like is how easy/fast it bungys to a tree.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
you can buy 3 trophy cams for the cost of one recoynx... hard choice
You can buy three ford fusions for the price of an Escalade! You can be confident when you put out a reconyx there will be no headaches. I have owned just about every other brand of camera and most have more problems than there worth. Nothing worse than going to check your cams only to find out something is wrong or all pictures are a blur or your camera has 3000 pictures of nothing or batteries are not lasting two months. I could go on but I have switched over to reconyx and all headaches are gone! The bonus is anything that walks in front of a Reconyx will get its picture taken guaranteed.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I'll second what stndpenguin posted. I have some Trophy Cams (and several other makes)and they are a great camera. I've had one out since April with 8 AA alkaline's and it's still showing full batteries when I checked it last weekend and I've taken a lot of videos and still pics with it so it's not like it's been dormant most of that time. It's hard to beat at it's price point.

There's no doubt the Reconyx is a great camera and overall, probably still top of the heap...lighting trigger speed and recovery, good night pics, made in America, etc. That said, I think the market/competition has caught it and is right on it's tail with cameras that are very comparable but cost much less. Here's an interesting thread on chasingame that has a black flash cam shoot out that includes the Reconyx, Trophy Cam and one that really looks good, the Covert Extreme 60:

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27679

1 - 7 of 7 Posts