Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my cameras this weekend and to my surprise I had 2 coyotes show up. Thinking I should invest in some traps since I never have any luck hunting them. I've seen the black coyote in the field before.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice pictures!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
that last picture isnt so flattering but nice pics regardless lol :)

I think all 3 pictures together tell alot.

-Both coyotes come in at 45 degree angles but from different sides. Wind?
-The coyote marking has his rear foot closer than his front feet were when he was sniffing.
-When marking, his front feet are real close to the same spot they were when he was sniffing.
-When sniffing both coyotes had their left foot forward.

What else am I missing?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think all 3 pictures together tell alot.

-Both coyotes come in at 45 degree angles but from different sides. Wind?
-The coyote marking has his rear foot closer than his front feet were when he was sniffing.
-When marking, his front feet are real close to the same spot they were when he was sniffing.
-When sniffing both coyotes had their left foot forward.

What else am I missing?
The distance to the front foot from the attractor looks to be about 12 inches, which is a little farther away then we would place a trap. I would assume it's because they are sniffing something above ground level. If this were a flat set or a dirthole the nose would be lower and the front foot closer. Maybe a little insight on scent post sets?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad my pics can help ya guys out.. I have alot of coyotes running around I will keep posting pics of them every time I check my cameras!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts