Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here’s the scoop......bought a small place at the far north end of the lake on the eastern shore. I've been out about 15 times since June 1st. I have one nice Brown to show for my efforts. I have long lined, used down riggers, slow troll, fast troll, gone short behind the ball, long behind the ball, different depths.......no luck. I fish at 6pm to after dark and in the am at sun up to about 9:30 no luck. I mark a lot of fish on my graph...
I have been fishing down near the camp(Big Cross) and around the torch village area and out front of the yacht club…
I looked up some posts about Torch Lake and most of the replies are go to Lake Bellaire or Clam or Elk....I'm 15 miles from the dockside and don't want to take my boat off my boat lift and trailer it to the other lakes......I'm determined to catch fish on Torch........Any help or tips, would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I should hire a guide?

Thanks,
JP

·
Super Moderator
37,805 Posts
A few weeks ago, off the points over 200+ FOW whitefish light up the graph around midnight as they made their nightly ascent with the daphnia. Small jigs, nymphs etc are the ticket.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Heck of a party up there every year, was up there about a month ago for it and had a blast. But thats about all the info I have on your lake. Good luck, hope you find em.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Torch Lake is known as a lake that doesn't give up its secrets easily...that's why it's fished so hard...LOL

Try 110 feet in the evenings with anything blue and silver for lakers...in a week or two try a Fire Tiger or something like that long-lining in shallower water up to 65 feet right at the north end for atlantics and browns. Not sure how many browns are left, I never hear about any anymore, but there's still a few Atlantics in the lake.

In November, now, that's when the fishing really starts...jacklighting for whitefish, followed by ice fishing for whitefish and in February/March, burbot. If there's any ice...LOL

Keep fishing, and keep trying to find out what others are using, if you see anyone else out there. It's a very tough lake to learn, but there's some huge lakers and probably some very nice Atlantics out there...and the best whitefish in the state of Michigan.

Get a really good graph and study it...

·
Super Moderator
37,805 Posts
Not sure how many browns are left, I never hear about any anymore, but there's still a few Atlantics in the lake.
There are plenty of browns left Linda. Check out my creek this fall. Of course they are closed in the creek, but intercepting them before they get there............:evilsmile

·
-RIP-
3,670 Posts
I`ve had some of my best catch`s when the sun was going down and the moon was rising...At the north end , as LG said use blue rapalas,and reef runners Size 11,and 13 for the browns and atlantics off riggers out by the yacht club, and along the ledge that runs sorta diagonal from torch village.Heres one of my favorite applications for Torch Lake...Connect a set of cowbells to your cannonball via a large key-ring.to that I add my release.10-15 foot lead is my lure of choice...Experiment ,pearl flatfish,large blue and large green rapalas size 13,another rod has this. Try sewing a large shiner/treble -hook and an alberta clipper fixed to a 1 lb ball down the shoot all the way to the bottom.Clipper to lure is between25-100 feet. There`s 3 ways to target the fish in Torch.There are others,these work for me....Before dropping lines locate BAIT-FISH 1ST IS A MUST! .:fish:Gary

·
-RIP-
3,670 Posts
WOW! tried and trued applications I`ve used since the 70`s fishing with Chris Mills/boxed 100`s of torch lake fish , free of charge...And not even a thank you or a response. cig1ar ? :dizzy:

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
WOW! tried and trued applications I`ve used since the 70`s fishing with Chris Mills/boxed 100`s of torch lake fish , free of charge...And not even a thank you or a response. cig1ar ? :dizzy:
Maybe he was out fishing and hadn't had the chance to respond? I don't know... just throwing it out there.

·
-RIP-
3,670 Posts
Hey I don`t need any satisfaction mind you,thats not why i`m a member here!But is it asking to much ? Maybe (they) want my coordinates too ??? ;) 300+ views, please...:fish:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I didn't respond earlier.....was at a wedding downstate just got home......will try your tactics soon.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post!

JP

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to my post. I would have posted sooner but I was down state at a wedding. I will take all this great info and try and put it to good use. I will post my results soon......

JP

·
-RIP-
3,670 Posts
Always my pleasure to help...If some evening this fall we can get out on that beautiful lake, count me in. After Labor day we usually have the lake pretty much to ourselves.:fish: PM me lets do it..Didnt mean to sound so rude to ya dude, my apologies.Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts