Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a list of the top reasons we as deer hunters complain or argue(legitimate or not) on this board. Everything goes. I am not looking to see who is right or not. I am guilty of complaining myself.

Let me start:

1) The DNR is to blame for the low deer numbers
2) The hunters are to blame for the low deer numbers
3) The deer numbers are very high in my area
4) The deer numbers are too low in my area
5) There are not enough big bucks around
6) There are too many button bucks shot
7) We should eliminate bait piles
8) Somebody stole my stand
9) Somebody tresspassed
10) We should follow practices of other states on deer herd management
11) The DNR is being guided by the insurance companies

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adam Waszak said:
Here we go again totally unnecessary IMO. How long till this one gets closed down.

AW
12) Here we go again totally unnecessary IMO. How long till this one gets closed down.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
You forgot Antler Restrictions and Crossbows! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
The number one reason we hunters disagree on deer hunting, imo, is because we tend to put a different value on deer, it's a values issue to me.

Hunter A sees a spike and shoots the deer, he is happy to have venison and proud he got his buck.

Hunter B sees a spike and he sees it for it's potential in a few years and he passes on the spike hoping to see it in a couple years after it's reached it's potential.

Friction occurs because the different value each school of thought puts on the deer.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Sib said:
The number one reason we hunters disagree on deer hunting, imo, is because we tend to put a different value on deer, it's a values issue to me.

Hunter A sees a spike and shoots the deer, he is happy to have venison and proud he got his buck.

Hunter B sees a spike and he sees it for it's potential in a few years and he passes on the spike hoping to see it in a couple years after it's reached it's potential.

Friction occurs because the different value each school of thought puts on the deer.

I agree SIb and to steal something from a different post, alot of times Hunter A and B are the same hunters just at different times of their life. And hunter B forgets what he felt like and what his belief were when he was hunter A

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thunderhead said:
Why ? So we can bring all the bullchet up again all at once ?

This is just plain stupid and without purpose.
1) Seriously, I am a statistical process control geek.
2) I like dealing with numbers and seeing charts and graphs created from input from people who respond to questions.
3) I am planning on organizing a QDM area and want to have all the bases covered (realizing that not everyone can be happy, but attempts can be made)
4) I looked for a post like this (though I seem to remember one, but couldn't find one)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.