Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MLBNetwork Shredders has ranked the Top 10 Short Stops right now.

Tulo

Peralta

Desmond

Reyes

Hardy

Mercer

Aybar

Rameriz

Lawrie

Simmons.

Johnny Peralta's Defense took a step forward from above average to, well, darn good. He led all SS's with a 5.8 WAR and led with a 17 runs saved. The runs saved category was a blow out, nobody was even close. His "O" was, well, outstanding for STL coming up huge in important games this season especially down the stretch.

Myself I believe he will be this good for at least 2 more seasons which is why I wanted Detroit to delay their youth movement at the position for at least 3 seasons. Can't argue with the numbers, they are indisputable although "The Haters will". Nice job Johnny. Would Tulo be on top if he didn't play in Colorado? He's still a darn good hitter. The funny part is when it comes to the Hall of Fame the voters seem to treat Colorado Lifetime players the same way they are treating the alleged PED users. But Tulo ended up on top and not by much as one would expect.

·
Super Moderator
37,512 Posts
I always liked Jhonny. That said, our Iglesias wasn't here last year to bless us with his leather show or be ranked. (Nor to develop his hitting).

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
I always liked Jhonny. That said, our Iglesias wasn't here last year to bless us with his leather show or be ranked. (Nor to develop his hitting).
IMO, the kid is already a legend in his own mind, I hope he's been humbled some by his year off.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
If Peralta is the second best SS, baseball sucks! He is the worst excuse for a SS I have ever seen! 1 step Jhonny! What a joke! When I think of a SS I think of a Trammel, or even Ray Oyler was a better SS. Jhonny can hit, but he aint no SS. He's a 3bman at best.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
IMO, the kid is already a legend in his own mind, I hope he's been humbled some by his year off.
What have you read that makes you say that? He's one of the slickest fielders I've ever seen. Even though it was for a half season. I can't wait to see him and Kinsler work!

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
What have you read that makes you say that? He's one of the slickest fielders I've ever seen. Even though it was for a half season. I can't wait to see him and Kinsler work!
You'll see. He's not as good as he's being sold to the masses by the Tiger's propaganda machine.

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,213 Posts
You'll see. He's not as good as he's being sold to the masses by the Tiger's propaganda machine.
We've seen. Performance on camera doesn't lie. What is the propaganda out on him, I missed it.

But we only had a short time with him. We can only hope he returns with the same speed, agility, and "enthusiasm" he left off with, and hits well. Dude could run out a ground ball, you gotta love that! Also, is it safe to assume he was injured when he was playing like that? If so, then it is hard to ibelieve he would not return as good as when he left.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
Hope he keeps that batting average above .225 this season or else he'll just be one more hole in that line up, no matter how well he fields(he's also extremely careless and sloppy) he still has to hit. His average went straight down once he left Fenway.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If Peralta is the second best SS, baseball sucks! He is the worst excuse for a SS I have ever seen! 1 step Jhonny! What a joke! When I think of a SS I think of a Trammel, or even Ray Oyler was a better SS. Jhonny can hit, but he aint no SS. He's a 3bman at best.
Did somebody accuse you of knowing a SS when you saw one? LOL!! Just kidding.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
HAHa! I'm better at judging 3basemen. I guess I would rather watch a nice defensive play than a HR. Nothing better to me than a slick fielding team up the middle. Let the other guys do the slugging.

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,213 Posts
Hope he keeps that batting average above .225 this season or else he'll just be one more hole in that line up, no matter how well he fields(he's also extremely careless and sloppy) he still has to hit. His average went straight down once he left Fenway.
Agreed, hope he performs offensively as he does defensively. Comerica isn't the same park as Fenway though, so there is that.....

He did not commit a lot of errors in his short time with us, but did make some spectacular plays you have to admit.

Lets all just hope the kid does us proud! ;)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts