Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished for a few hours yesterday with my buddy Paul. Trolled for walleyes with cranks in Anchor bay. Made one pass from SANG to the Clinton River and back. Stayed in 8-9 fow at 1.5 mph and took a nice 3# walleye, a decent pike, and 3 small muskies. Some fish off in-line boards and some just 25 feet behind the boat. Water was 38* and clear enough to see the props.

Anyone whom hasn't winterized yet might want to try it before the ice comes.

There was still one dock in at SANG.

Was going to try Erie today but woke up this morning and there is no reason to go with this much East wind. Prolly 6 footers today. Not worth it.

Paul with the walleye.

Me with the biggest muskie.

Lots of action considering we were just going to winterize the motor!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Good job guys, tried to go out last night, but could not get a rider. BDB cancelled again :lol: looks like I need another fishing partner for whipping next year.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Yeah, great day to be out, eh? Nice looking fish there. Love the coloration on those little muskies. :fish:

I was also out a bit south of you off Huron point, and went 1 for 3 on the muskies, the one I caught being a nice 42 incher caught on a 13 inch Grandma lure. How big was your pike?

P

·
0 Posts
had a great time yesterday Curt just wish it does not have to end,putting the boat away today already making plans for the spring on ERIE.:rant::fish:

P

·
0 Posts
YOU had your chance:D give me a call and we can make it to the club for a cold 1 later or 2.:lol::dizzy:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Nice Job Paul....It was a nice day for sure....I worked all day yesterday and today I'm winterizing my boat as I type.....Think spring...Naw....I love my winters up north on the Ice!!:evil:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Yeah, looks like the chubby chick's belted out her last aria of '08. Weather forecast doesn't look too promising for tolerably calm and dry days without iced up launch ramps...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pike about 27-28".

Yeah Paul likes his graphs huge! It's like watching TV. He spends a lot of time in the boat so a bigger screen is nice. Ask Curt or Kevin, I think they've seen it.

Nice job on the muskies fishinthed, I'm surprised we didn't get any decent skis as we were pulling some "bigger" cranks for the walleyes. Even a 3# walleye will hit a 7" plug in late November.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
The pike about 27-28".... I'm surprised we didn't get any decent skis as we were pulling some "bigger" cranks for the walleyes. Even a 3# walleye will hit a 7" plug in late November.
Yeah, wannabapro, I wouldn't have been surprised if you got some bigger toothy critters, either.

Those fish really have the feedbag on: I think they'll eat anything they can fit in their mouth that can't escape them until they're literally stuffed to the gills. I saw a fellow catch super-chunky (must have been about 15lb) 37 inch ski from shore at Huron Point about this time of year last year on a tiny (about 2 inch) Rat-L-Trap.

But they seem to prefer a hearty meal, so I'm not surprised you're getting the 'eyes on 7 inch baits. And that 13 inch Grandma looked so much like an struggling fish at 2mph I knew some big toothy critter would take a crack at it if I came across one that wasn't totally stuffed. Was that pike pretty chunky? :fish:

·
Registered
240 Posts
How do you like the 100 mph rainsuit from bass pro? I have been looking at them and thinking about getting one. Thanks

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think I have ever heard a bad thing about the 100 mph suit except the price, but you get what you pay for. I love mine for anything from above freezing temps to 70*. Anything colder and then I switch to my snowmobile suit. My only regret is not buying one a few years sooner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts