Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didn't catch a lot, but had some fun! We went out to the lodge and fished with "Uncle Gus". I'll let you all figure out who that is. We ended up with 1 nice Crappie along with a few smaller ones. KC was a little impatient to say the least, especially after he at 2 small bags of chips, drank his Bug Juice, ate his candy bar and ate dad's beef stick. All in all, a good night with my son.

Here is a picture of KC with our "Monster Crappie" ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
You can not possibly know how jeolous I am of you being able to take your kids ice fishing.

Nate

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Nice pic, looks like a great time was had ! He's happy. :)
Oh, and bt the way, nice comfy looking shanty !!!

:cool:

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Excellent pic ya got there K!! One for the disk for sure... I really need to get off center and get a digi.. My daughter is 4 and has been bugging me all week to take her out! Kid absolutly loves it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like the start of a lifetime long father/son relationship !!! That's great bud... I can hear it now, " Hey Dad, when we goin fishin next ?? "

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're right fishman, he's ready to go. He wants to go catch some walleye. I don't know if he's quite ready for the river yet, however. Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Hopefully I'll have a chance to take him out again later in the week.

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Originally posted by Big K
I don't know if he's quite ready for the river yet, however.
Don't under estimate those kids. I took my son to the river last Spring thinking he would not catch anything jigging. I expained how to bounce the jig off the bottom. Before I could get a minnow on my jig........FISH ON! :)
Great pic of your son! That smile tells the whole story! :cool:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Great picture! My boy will be 3 in May and asks every day if we can go fishing. He loved going fishing last summer. He's caught a Lg mouth bass, blue gill and rock bass in his short fishing career. I would like to put him on a Perch and Walleye before the ice is gone. He's going to get his first taste of ice fishing this weekend if the weather warms up.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Yeah, my son Connor turns 3 in April and he'll be learning how to fish with his daddy this summer...I can't wait!!!:)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Wow, nice pics there guys. It is allways great to see kids fishing.

chad1

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Conor4501,

Now i understand. 4501 is Connors b-day. My son's name is Conner with the er not the or and his b-day is 5-1-01. We may have to get these two out together sometime. I see your in SL. My bro lives on Walled Lake. Maybe we'll meet up with the kids sometime when i'm out that way.

I have a great picture of my son with a big gill. I'll try to scan it and post it.

Peace,

G-MAN:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great pics!
This is from last year but it fits the thread ;)

Wish I would have had the cam last weekend!...DOH!

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
My boy is a little older but talk about a die hard. Raining, windy, rough and here he is with an 11 lb Walleye. :) I think we have a few proud dads around here.........me included. :p

Sorry, didn't mean to horn in on your special thread.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I wanted to take my son Conner to the Stoney outing but it was way to windy and cold. (said mom) Then, I was thinking about taking him to LSC this weekend but it's going to be (again) a little too cold and windy for a 2.75 year old.

So my wife said to me last night..."You and I both know that when Conner's a little older you two will be out hunting and fishing all the time"

That's for sure!

Here's a picture from last summer.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Wow! I can't figure out how to shrink the picture.

Sorry guy's and gal's. Maybe someone can help?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts