Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to Marysville about 1:30 or so, weather was perfect. Shot out to the spot and met up with Bernie and his daughter out there on his boat. She was reeling one in as we pulled up. Said they had 8 and they were snapping. So we started a drift and after about 5 minutes Gale force north winds came outta nowhere. Whitecaps started up I’m like wtf we ain’t gonna be out here long. Got the bow mount slowing us down and got it figured out and old lady pops first fish. Then I get one. Headed back up the drift and Bernie said they’re out can’t slow down enough so they bailed. Think they had 9 keepers or something like that. Well we kept our speed about 2.4-2.6 and it was an absolute smash fest. My old lady never caught so many fish in her life. I mean like every minute we would get one. Probably 6-7 double headers. No way we coulda ran more than 2 rods. Even told her we shoulda had the clicker out I bet we caught 60 fish easy from 1:30-5. Put it this way she caught 6 fish while trying to eat a sandwich lmao. She’s like wtf I just want to finish this Sammy lol. Thing hit the dirty seat like 7 times in 5 minutes. We had our limit but she said let’s do another drift this is fun. Weather got way nicer too after about an hour after Bernie left. So we’re on this drift and this huge boat is coming our way. She’s like Um does this idiot see us? Im like no way he doesn’t wtf. So we start waving our hands and he’s still coming straight at us. She’s like what the **** start the boat. I throw my rod down and fired it up quick as ****. I floor it with Ulterra down just to get outta his path. This pos missed us by about 20’!!! Luckily I was able to turn into his wake and I’m flipping him off then I’m screaming at him I’ll ******* kill you you piece of **** come back mofo….. this pos just shrugs and keeps on keeping on in his 1/2 million dollar boat. I know dude ain’t on no fishing forum but I swear to god if I ever find out who he was I’m gonna beat the skin off his ******* face! Would have ran after him to at least get his MC number but at that point both our lines were all tangled up and we had to cut em and called it a day. If you ever seen that video on DR where the fishing boat gets ran over and the 2 dudes and woman jumped out. It was exactly like that except we just happened to have a bit more time to react. Like we woulda probably had to of jumped out if my motor didn’t start. If I had my flare gun ready I would have shot him for sure. ******* moron. **** got real out there wtf. Always some dumb ass drama on a peaceful day. Nobody else fishing but us and some douche in a yacht wants to try n kill us in the middle of the river. Like dude quit gripping on your boyfriends ass and look where you’re going wtf. Vent over but was an excellent trip with the wife. Still flopping when I threw em on the grill too lol. Forgot to take a pic till my last plate full. So dank an hour fresh.
Water Boat Naval architecture Light Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Food Insect Ingredient Recipe Cuisine

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Staple food

Water Sky Boat Watercraft Cloud

Food Ingredient Tableware Seafood Cuisine

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Wow what a trip!
I’ve never seen a growth like that in a fish, weird. The guy that almost ran ya over was most likely under the influence.
Too bad those bad actors are out there.
Stay safe.
I have a megaphone I used to use for teaching drivers training I will try to give ya next time I’m done that way.
One of my old students is staying in MC and I’ may make one more trip down in next few days. I’ll PM ya if ya want it (free). It also ha the siren feature.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Finished with10 Kevin. Man you sure did knock their socks off. That unit you got on the bow got the job done for you. That north wind got nasty. Your incident on the water only adds to the many you have has this year. That could have ended very bad. My daughter (yeah shes still here) said when I told her of your catch, " see I told you we should have tide on", lol

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Finished with10 Kevin. Man you sure did knock their socks off. That unit you got on the bow got the job done for you. That north wind got nasty. Your incident on the water only adds to the many you have has this year. That could have ended very bad. My daughter (yeah shes still here) said when I told her of your catch, " see I told you we should have tide on", lol
[/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts