Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mowed my clover field for the last time this year and now grass has started to take it over:sad: I usually do my spraying in the spring, but can I still hit it with Clethodim this late in the year? Will spraying still be effective, or should I just let it go and spray it in the spring??
For those that spray Clethodim on clover, what is your application rate per acre? I've use 10-12oz of Cleth, with 32oz of crop oil, mixed with 25 gallons of water per acre, but haven't really had great results. I usually spray the second or third week of May. I am in Mecosta County. Thumbs up to all the contributors on this site. I learn something new every week. Thx.

·
Premium Member
12,815 Posts
You should get control on grass this time of year as the grass is actively growing. I have used according to label on alfalfa with marginal control, it's no silver bullet for me.

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
I believe now is actually a great time to apply clethodim for csg's, and I plan on doing so in a few days.

Best source I've found is Keystone Pest Control. And I've looked.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I hit my 1/2 + acre alfalfa and clover plots 2 wks ago for the second time this yr with clethodim. There isn't a green grass left in the alfalfa plot, haven't seen the clover plot since.
I used 8 oz on half acre and half a quart of crop oil. Took 2 wks for the oil to wash off and the deer are just now starting to eat again, so I would hurry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Planning on spraying the clover with Clethodim/crop oil tomorrow. I will monitor to see if fall spraying works better than spring spraying. Trail camera will tell me how long the deer avoid the plot after spraying. It is not a plot we hunt over, it is a larger destination plot. But if the deer head elsewhere to browse, that won't be good. I get my generic Clethodim online from Rural King. It was cheaper than going through Keystone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Reading though this thread and it makes me think, if deer don't like to eat clover with crop oil on it does that mean i can spray it on my brassicas and they may leave them alone untill rain washes it off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts