Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got in the stand about 315 this afternoon since I thought I wouldn't see anything until last light. At about 3:30 Out from behind me walks a spike.. it meanders in front of me for a couple of minutes and out from behind me walks another spike. I'm frozen hoping not to spook these deer in case something else will follow them.. Soon enough I hear another deer approaching from behind me to my side and I can see its got decent horns .. As soon as the other deer are looking away, I grab my bow and draw back on the 7 pointer that was broadside looking at the two spikes. I let her fly and "crack'! My fletching hit a branch about ten yards away richochet into another branch and tumbles to the ground:rant:.. Needless to say my hunt was over. On the bright side, if there is one.. I know that there is probably a decent eight pointer or better I can look forward to next bow season since I'm sure I won't see it again this year:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Man, action happened early for you. Too bad on the shot, but it happens. I'm surprised, like you are, that they were out that early. It's always good to see bucks that survive past the 30th. Helps keep me motivated that they'll still be around next year (and bigger).

·
Registered
156 Posts
better a miss then a hit your not sure of. Could have ricocheted and gut shot him. Glad to hear your seeing deer. All of ours are coming through after dark.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Then I almost hit a nice 8 with my car.
Same here.
Went out with the ML for the evening hunt. Didn't see anything. Was heading home and a nice 8pt comes darting out infront of me.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I had 12 does at about 40 yards. Everything was quiet until about 5:10, then they piled out of the tall grass to munch on the cut soybean field. No antlers tonight....sigh.

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
the cold weather gets them moving, I have seen quite a few mid day the last 2 days, my buddy Headshot77 shot a doe tonight, around 4.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
It was a perfect morning for hunting...had a spike and a doe at 15 yards...not what I am looking for right now. Just need some snow in the s/w corner of the state.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts