Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think this 3'' of canal ice will still be fishable tomorrow? I do not have much experience fishing on 3'', so any expertise would be appreciated. Not sure what this rain will do, plus I think tonights low is 34.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If your going to canal that has had a fair amount of holes drilled today am yesterday I would use extreme caution. There was no water on the ice when I started at 8 am but when I left at 1 shorelines were getting wet. Do yourself a favor and wait a few days.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Dont go at all. No fish is worth fishing for with 2-3 inches of soft ice. Sit back watch the Lions and fish next weekend. If you can fish off a wall into a canal then do that. Dont risk your life over 10 inch Perch.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
There was only 2 1/2-3" of ice when I started this morning in a marina. When I left around 10am, water was already starting to build up on the ice and after today's rain, I would not recommend going out tomorrow.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stayed home, thank you for your input. I looked at the ice on my pool cover this morning and it looked to get a little soft. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that still made it out, hopefully all safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts