Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
GREAT JOB!!!! Way to not give up!!

These ol Toms are slick buggars! Tricky in there ways!

No luck here yet, but seen great fresh sign so I know birds are in the area!! Good luck fellazz!!!

Remember this , lead in the head!! No tag soup! Git em!!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sorry guys, got in late last night and didn't have time until now to post.

Made it outta work on time Yesterday, Boogied to get my Turkey gear and head out to the farm.

Made the 500 yard walk back to the hayfield, and set up. No decoys. Used my uncles push button yelper and called maybe every 10 mins.

Out pops a Tom, looked Twice, thats a HEN in front of him. All about 200 yards away.

Hen follows the woodline, pecking away at the clover with Big Bird in tow. Hen crests the hill I am on, about 40 yards away.... Ol Tommy Boy is 10 yards behind her.

They contiue to cross in front of me, Hen first. I finally get to range find ol tommy boy at 48 yrds. Oh boy, this gonna be a poke!

He struts his stuff....Swirls around, looking pretty. I hit the diaphragm call quick with a cluck, Head pops up for all to see. He is looking around....

Level the gun, bead just above his noggin. BOOM💥

Folds like a deck of cards! End of story! From when I set up until I pulled the trigger was probably 25 mins! I walked up, thanked God and then made my way up to the farm. Got to share with my 88 year old Grandpa. He loves it, "One less turkey eating my bean field!"

Jeans Bird Wild turkey Vehicle Car

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.