Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Today's rabbit hunt

674 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Vizsla Hunt Dog 
#1 ·
Went out today. It was pretty cold, windy, and man there is a lot of snow out there. It was tough walking and the dogs had to work hard to get around.

We ended up running 7 or 8 rabbits. Only got one of them, the rabbits definately won today. Here are a couple pictures. The first one is of my older dog Penny...she found a shallow spot in the snow so that I could take a picture. THe second one is of my younger dog Abby and the one rabbit my nephew shot.

See less See more
#2 ·
good job rabbit whacker and great pics.

it was cold and windy here too. but it sure beat sitting on the couch wishing i was outside. i just got in from trying to run some fox. i found tons of tracks buy there wasnt any good tracks for my long legged beagles to run, most were blown over with snow :(
oh well maybe tomorrow. i sure am glad my boys have them long legs. :)

later, dave

#3 ·
We went out today also was hard getting rabbits up but once they was up the dogs ran them as good as they could I took my 5year old cousin out for his first rabbit hunt he was happy even if the snow was up to his chest :D not really but not to far away here is a pic of kyle and his first rabbit

#5 ·
It was pretty darn cold out today. You all are brave souls for bearing with the elements. I had the dogs out for a brief run today and it was me, not them, who wimped out first.

BTW, congrats on the rabbits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.