Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A swedish hook is kind of an off-set V shaped, they can not get off if they are hooked, the harder they pull the deeper it sinks in.

The 100 proof was pretty good, I had 3 shots after the first pike and had to put it down, no food all morning then 3 swigs of 100 proof will hit ya! I was feeling pretty good for about an hour there, luckily I know when to limit myself. :D

That hot chunky soup hit the spot too!

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weekendredneck said:
nice job on the pike. What's a Swedish hook? I can't wait to get out for some tip-up fishing!
I done a search trying to find pictures of one for you, can't find any. Maybe they have another name, but I've always known them as swedish hooks and I only know of one place to get them locally and when I asked him if he had swedish hooks they are what he pulled out. There is not a better hook for pike IMO.

BTW I made that movie with a new digital camera I bought, pretty nifty huh, it's smaller and thinner than my wallet, and thats pretty darned thin :D

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Auh I got some of those kinda hooks.I used them for setting trot lines down south for catfish.Nice to know they work well on tipups for pike also.Thanks for the video and nice fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts