Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met my buddy Pete , aka: Jigworm, on the ice this morning for some gill action and we were not let down. I ended up with 18 and I believe Pete had about the same. The bite was right at daybreak. Once the sun got up in the sky, 9:30 to 10:00 , the fish shut right down. I could see them looking at the bait on the Vex but they would not bite anything after that. Great fishing with you again Pete! We'll do it again soon!! Steve , it was good to finally meet you. Glad to see that you and Josh got into them. Next time we'll have to fish together......Patch

Pete and a monster!

Todays catch

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
very nice looks like a good day at the office!:D we did alrite in the afternoon at a small pond near howell. scottyhoover and i managed a one man meal real good size but they also shut down but after dusk and just watched our bait

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spikes and waxworms, it didn't matter, in 18 to 20 fow. I believe it was 10"+. Where were you? LOL!!.....patch

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The big one was 10 1/4" with 3 more over 9". I sure wish it would have been cloudy. That sun really shut them down.

·
Registered
20,132 Posts
LMAO,, looks like I shoulda been with you guys! I'm a gluton for punishment,,,,,, went to SANG today and "took my lumps"! Took home 2 keepers and caught about a 100 dinks. Take some wigglers next time, Patch, you'll have your limit before 9AM.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
WHB
We'll have to try them. While they were biting it didn't seem to matter what you put down the hole, but we'll have to have a backup for when the bite slows.

Patch, the only thing better than the fishing was the company! And that swiss cheese maker of your sure makes it easy!:p

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Darn good eatin' there Patcheroo. Couple of real beauties in there too !
:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts