Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out fishing today? looking to head out this afternoon around 3 or 4 and was wondering what the waves are like? looks like the wind switched from the south to the northeast.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Flat out here. We r struck at 14. Doing pretty good considering we let a 5 year old do most of the work. When she changed over to the ne it quit for us.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Might just take the flatbottom boat out and shoot some of them carp. My dad doesnt like to go out in northeast winds. Is it still flat after the wind changed changed Lewy?

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
We pulled are 15 in about 3 hrs with 4 in the 25" range. Sorry no pics, wife took the camera out of my bag. We stayed west of the big pack by #1 in 24 FOW. Couldnt help but think of Soup. If you didnt catch a fish within a few minutes you were without bait or dragging a small fish. Action was pretty much nonstop.

·
Premium Member
29,818 Posts
Biting flys were relentless by us.
Yeah, those little bas****s were eating the crap out of your ankles. Don't forget bug spray. There was a big pack out there for sure. We stayed west also, picked up 15 with only a couple bigger ones all on spoons.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What spray works on those ankle biters?
We tried deep woods off yesterday and did not work. They were bad.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Holy Crap~! :dizzy:Yeah they were bad. Those little bastards are what made up my mind it was time to head in. Had teni-shoes and socks and they were spotted with blood from those darn things when I got home.

Deet didn't help a bit. Hate using that stuff when pulling meats - invariably gets on your fingers.

Wore my hat out swinging at them!:yikes: One of those built-in light hats - and now it don't work no more!:eek:ne_eye:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
bugs were the worst i had ever seen in my hole life on saturday, it was 90 plus degrees and wore long pants all day.totally flat, they were like a cloud....:bloos: i sure hate bugs

·
Registered
288 Posts
Put some dryer sheets around on the floor of your boat. I use a snap weight to keep them from blowing out. They help.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
No kidding any particular brand?? They ate me up last trip

1 - 20 of 21 Posts