Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word is that the Tittabawassee has opened up. Just wondered if anyone has been around the Gordonville Rd, Freeland Rd, or Tittabawassee Rd areas. Can anyone tell me what the ice flows looked like. It might still be frozen near Tittabawassee Rd. The water is a little slower there. Water levels look pretty good. I've really got the itch to make the trip. At this time last year, limit catches were the norm, this year has been a bust. Im guessing the launch wont be open but I can push my flat bottom down the bank. If the the ice flows aren't too bad, Im sure there are some fish to be caught. I don't feel like making the 70 mile trip if it isn't fishable. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just fished north of the. Gordenville bridge yesterday its starting to open up I doint think I would take a boat yet still a lot of ice flows . It lokks like it starts to lock up south of bailey bridge. I had 1 fish on it didn't feel to big lost it half way in. It won't be long now . Good luck and b safe. Kurt
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well good news is The river is open the west side has 20 yrds of ice still east side it slmost gone. Bad new is the launch is still locked in. we need a loader 2 push the ice out of it or something like that. We fished the luanch nothing then went north and south didnt get a single bite. The river will be wide open soon iam guessing.

·
Banned
3,436 Posts
what kind of launch is there on the titta.never been there any tips would be welcome. thanks fodge
They are usually small launches for 1 or two spots 1 dock, very shallow. Most of the river is usually only 3-5ft deep on average, depending on water level, and there are lots of stumps, logs, rocks, and pilings from old bridges. Not trying to discourage you in any way, just a heads up so you don't haul all the way out there to be disappointed or ruin your gear.

·
Registered
28,859 Posts
I agree take the old aluminum-motor. Have had to straighten more than one prop. And always keep the eye peeled for gaint icebergs. About seen one take a anchored boat down. be safe---eyepod---out

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just checked it out it looks to be locked up just south of bailey bridge no go yet in freeland. Hey eyepod hit me up whe its time to shore fish. U hooked me up with a lot of info this winter so I can return the favor. I have a pretty sweet set up other than jig heads and twisters that seems to work great. Let me know. Kurt
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.