Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drove over to Immerman and found the water over the dock and into the parking lot. Did not even try to launch. We then went to Center St. and found the cars backed up out to the road and the lot was full. The water there was also over the dock and boats going upstream and 1/2 throttle were just keeping even with the water. We are waiting for the water to go down some. Worst opener I have seen in 6 years.:rant: I doubt if anyone is able to get a jig down at all. By the looks of the speed of the water most of them are probably water skiing behind the boat.

Deer Slayer

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Launched at Center Rd. amoungst the circus. Made it all the way upstream to Drifters. Water going 50 mph with large debis rolling down. When you did find bottom, jig was full of cabbage. Going to the bay this evening.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sanford dam was closed for about a week till they could find the body of a drowned fisherman on sanford lake. It rained and after the body was recovered is when they opened the dam up. Sucky day to open it back up but prayers go out to the family of the drown fishermen

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
jrsoup said:
Made it all the way upstream to Drifters. Water going 50 mph with large debis rolling down.
You are not kidding. Quite the log jam at the M-46 bridge too.

We tried as well up at Drifters on Saturday. We said to heck with this, went downstream and fished the Saginaw. Better water but slow fishing. Between my partner and I we only picked up 3 all morning.

Monday was better but still tough fishing.

The river will be wasted for a while with todays rain!:sad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts