Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Tittabawasse water level for next weekend?

660 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  FreebirdII
Anyone know what the water levels are right now on the tit.&sag. rivers?? Are they up or are they down? Whats opening weekend going to be like i hope the water is kinda high. I have a new 16ft sylvan modv. and dont want to tare up nothing. Any info would be great i'v fish'd there evey year for 20 years with great opening weekends. also i'v had my old 16ft tracker in there without hitting to much stuff but still hit a few things nothing to any damage but sure some ugly scratch's. any logs jamms give way this far i know one year afew years back there was so much crap floating down river you could not drive with out hitting something tree's,logs,barrles,docks,raffs,ect. it was all coming down river. THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY!!!:help:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This will tell you the flow and level:

waterdata.usgs.gov/mi/nwis/uv?04156000

I like to change the "Days" setting to the max (31) to get a better look at the pattern. As you see, it is at what I consider summer level. I fish the river 2 -3 times a week all summer and fall, and before I go, I will always check this site to see if it is worthwhile. It always modulates Monday thru Friday and stays level on Saturday and Sunday. Guess Sanford Dam is used as a "Peaking Generator" to cause those patterns.

The river is clean, clear, and calm. This weekend I saw violaters at the Tridge in Midland pulling bass and walleye out on ever other cast (using lures). It is easy to see why it is closed season.
The river is clean, clear, and calm. This weekend I saw violaters at the Tridge in Midland pulling bass and walleye out on ever other cast (using lures). It is easy to see why it is closed season.[/quote]

From the Midland Daily news: A good day for fishing

04/03/2007

Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly

[/COLOR]

Daily News/JASON JOHNS​

can't tell what they were using for bait, but I wanted to fish too!
I know some people that have fished near the tridge using lures. They claim they have checked with the DNR and they claim you fish during the closed season, catch-and-release only. Saw some pics of a "spawned out 9 lb walleye" and she clearly was not, and not properly handled.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.