Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just wondering if I could get some tried and true recommendations on replacement tires for my 2018 F150. Currently has Goodyear factory LT 275/65R18. I have about 55,000 miles on them. Local Firestone dealer checked with gauge and the are at either 9/32 or 10/32. He said I still have life in them. He said once they get down to 4/32 they should be replaced. Here is what I do:
Travel from downstate to U.P. about twice a month
Go out on numerous 2 tracks. These may include stone, mud, snow etc
Tow a smaller 15ft boat. Looking to upgrade to 18-20 ft boat.
Been looking at Mastercraft, Toyo Open Country III, Michelin LT Atx, etc type tires. Need them to be quiet on road, work well on the trail and have a warranty. Any and all recommendations are appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I just put a set of Bridgestone's on my 13 Silverado. Real happy so far, but no snow yet. I have a set of Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires I run in the winter. Blizzaks are great for snow and ice, but ain't worth a damn in the mud. New tires are very quiet.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've been extremely pleased with the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrian Plus that I put on my '16 F150 Supercrew about 50,000 miles ago. They seem to hook up far better in wet or icy conditions than the stock good years ever did, and are really "sporty" to drive when the weather is good. My only real original fear was tow rating with my boat, but they've done great.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...0SATPOWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I just put Falken AT/3's on mine. They seem ok so far.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I swapped out a set a little over a year ago on my F-150 and put on a set of B.F. Goodrich All Terrain TA's the old standby and really like them.
I second the B.F.G ALL TERRAIN i have had 2 sets on my f150 swapped them out when new
truck rode much better and have got over 80 thousand miles per set current one is pushing 90 it needs to be replaced.Great tire.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
I second the B.F.G ALL TERRAIN i have had 2 sets on my f150 swapped them out when new
truck rode much better and have got over 80 thousand miles per set current one is pushing 90 it needs to be replaced.Great tire.
The original factory Pirelli's were some of the harshest tires that I've ever driven on, especially when cold.
I agree All Terrains are firm but ride very nice.
I don't drive much any longer, I bet I haven't put on 5000 miles in a year.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I put Coopers (don't remember which ones) on my '12 F150 this summer and like them so far. I haven't tested them in the snow yet but they gripped pretty well in the mud.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Toyo open country M/T's ....... Just replaced mine after 80K and 5 years and they had another 10K but I do to much mudding. Can go through just about anything with these tires and they ride great/quietly on highway. Definitely one of the more expensive but 100% worth it.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I also recommend the bfg all terrain's I put a set on my 2008 silverado. They ride nice . They handle well . I spend a lot time on 2 tracks they have not let me down. I have taken several trips from the U.P. to Troy Mi to visit my daughter. 80mph on I75 is not a problem.
now that they are worn they are getting a little noisier, but not obnoxious. I've been stuck only once with them It was my fault . I mistakenly took a snowmobile trail off a backwoods lake When I realized my error . I tried backing up to get back out on the lake . I ended up dropping the left side of the truck off of the hard packed trail in to the waist deep fluff. With 5 below zero temps spurring me on It was nothing that 2 hrs and a come along and a shovel couldnt fix.

·
Administrator
36,866 Posts
Go with the Michelin LT Atx. You'll never be disappointed. Very quiet and dependable tires with good winter traction. That's all I ever put on my truck.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
I also recommend the bfg all terrain's I put a set on my 2008 silverado. They ride nice . They handle well . I spend a lot time on 2 tracks they have not let me down. I have taken several trips from the U.P. to Troy Mi to visit my daughter. 80mph on I75 is not a problem.
now that they are worn they are getting a little noisier, but not obnoxious. I've been stuck only once with them It was my fault . I mistakenly took a snowmobile trail off a backwoods lake When I realized my error . I tried backing up to get back out on the lake . I ended up dropping the left side of the truck off of the hard packed trail in to the waist deep fluff. With 5 below zero temps spurring me on It was nothing that 2 hrs and a come along and a shovel couldnt fix.
Just last week I had Google direct me down the ugly mother of all seasonal roads to get to a location near Hillman. This thing was a chewed up, water filled beast and I don't think that I ever even spun the All Terrains.

·
Administrator
36,866 Posts
Just last week I had Google direct me down the ugly mother of all seasonal roads to get to a location near Hillman. This thing was a chewed up, water filled beast and I don't think that I ever even spun the All Terrains.
I've had those in the past but they vibrated and made noise like heck on the highway.

Reactions: Jimbos

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
I've had those in the past but they vibrated and made noise like heck on the highway.
I can imagine on certain surfaces that they could hum. I can't swear as to exactly when it happened but they have been slightly redesigned from the originals.
If I was still doing the downstate/Petoskey round trip I wouldn't of bought them, but I'm rarely on freeways now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.