Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fished the bay many times on the hard water every time I forget my tip ups I see guys using them but not many, has anyone have luck with them out there my dead stick rode produces all the time so I wouldn't think why the tip up wouldn't any thoughts!!

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
I have fished the bay many times on the hard water every time I forget my tip ups I see guys using them but not many, has anyone have luck with them out there my dead stick rode produces all the time so I wouldn't think why the tip up wouldn't any thoughts!!
Yes I have used tip ups on bay and have gotten fish, mainly used in shallower water tho under 15'. Place them Around you or your group and it will produce! Good luck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
ive taken a few fish on them.prefer the dead rod set up also.i like to set it up close to the shanty,maybe 20 ft so I can just glance out the window to check.have had them drop the bait if you don't get on it soon enough.will fish 2 rods in shanty,tip up outside.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Produced fish for us last year, lite split shot fluorocarbon leader and a octopus hook w a blue or Greg 6-12" of bottom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts